Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All in all I can't complain too much the fitment didn't go too bad... There is a few places the holes don't line up exactly but I have a possible major issue that I wanted to ask the community about.

When I mounted my upper fairing it seems like it sits REALLY low on the nose you can tell from the side profile picture how low it is.

I haven't put the windscreen on there yet but when I do I can't seem to imagine it would fit with out rubbing. Do I need to take the black piece I have circled off of the bike or do I need to redo and remount the entire thing?

The other place it is rubbing (just a little bit) is by the gear shifter should I trim that back? Or am I just way off?

Also as a side question has anyone cut out the race bodywork so it can accommodate a kickstand?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't have any particular insight on the Armor Bodies except to say that it might look a little low on the nose there. Is the kickstand is still on there underneath the belly pan?

Many track day organizations make you remove the kickstand and in racing you have to so, most track/race bodywork doesn't accommodate that kind of stuff. It is just one more thing to break in a crash, it eats up some ground clearance and you have pit stands anyway so, you don't technically need it. If you don't use tire warmer's, you could also get something like a Sport Chock.

Do you need the race belly pan to contain fluids? If not you might be able to just use the stock lower if the match up. If yours is still too pretty for track duty maybe pick up some cheap rashed ones off of ebay. That lower looks like it was never intended to accommodate a kickstand making me think that you'd have to cut a hole that's almost the full length of the kickstand which seems like a pretty big hole structurally to me. You might be able to add a little glass and reinforce it around the whole you'd cut though.

Is it to late to return 'em and buy a brand that has "street" lowers to match their "race" uppers like Sharkskinz (among many others)?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts