Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got these Titanium slipons today. All 8 lbs of it.
Already took videos of stock with good audio so will be installing the Arrows tomorrow and do the same recording. Will edit together a sound comparison video this week.

This weekend stocks go back on for baseline run on AF1 Racing's Factorypro Eddycurrent dyno. Then the Arrows for comparison.
Will have graphs, audio and video files of this next week.

Well, we got them installed. Surprisingly easy install.

Remove the springs(2)
Remove the two bolts holding the straps
Slide the units rearwards and out.
Slight palm tapping of the cans to get them moving off the link pipe was necessary.

Reverse the procedure with the Arrows.
Note: we had to dremel down the carbon hangers a bit to get them to fit the underseat mount. Small job and took 10 mins. (see pic). Also the hangers obscured a bit of the Arrow logo, but that doesn't bother me.
FYI the stock slipon is 14 lbs. The Arrows are 8 lbs

Overall install took less than 30 mins. It sounds great! Lower in timbre and much more mellow/boomier. Started right up with no issues. No popping or missing. According to Arrow, this should get you 6-7 hp. We'll know by this weekend dyno run.

I have the video file edited and uploaded on Youtube. Best viewed with a decent speaker system on your PC. Then you'll really hear it boom.

Please rate my vid. :)

1098S Stock vs Arrow Sound Comparo

-

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Where did you get the Arrows and how much?

I think I like the sound better than the Termi Slip-Ons. I've got a buddy with Arrow full exhaust on his RC51 and like the sound there too. Harris 'race' full exhaust for the RC51 on mine, and I'm hoping they do one for the 1098 too.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Thanks for the pics and audio, sounds great! would you say they made a big difference in seat-o-the pants power and can you feel that 6lb weight loss in the twisties?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Does the Arrow kit come with programmable chip, if not, how did you remap the computer?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No remapping necessary with the slipons. The bike ran just fine. Took her out for a spin tonite and butt dyno says it does feel the improvement. :) Pulls stronger and much more effortlessly. Doesn't pop as much as stock ones on engine braking.

Don't know if I am good enough to feel a 6lb change in the bike. Sorry!

Dyno will give a better analysis. Will post when it's done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
just watched your vid... good stuff...
But i compared the vid with the termignoni ones on there and im sure the termis are louder... maybe cos they have the removable noise baffles..
Could just be that the vids are of bikes inside with the cams quite close and yours was well filmed outdoors??????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Admin won't allow pricing and vendor info unless you're a sponsor. (see FAQ on posting). But Google "Ducati 1098 arrow" and you'll find all the vendors that sell it and their prices. Keep in mind that this item is very new and not many will actually have them in stock yet as of this post.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well,
Did the dyno. Keep in mind and I stress this before anyone starts going round the bend on this and that this is a Factory Pro/Mustang Dyno and does not read like a Dynojet. I'm quoting Micah from AF1 on this:

"Peak Power came at 9500 rpm. 125.7 with the Arrow slip ons on our dyno...this is one stout twin! I will post graphs later. To put this in perspective...our 999cc Aprilia race RSVR makes about 117bhp, a 1060cc RSVR makes about 122 bhp and a stock Busa makes about 129bhp."

I saw the curves and the Arrows add a fair bit of torque and hp almost evenly throughout the rpm curve except for between 7-7500 rpm where there was no gain. The stock slipons made 119 at peak. No chip no remapping required looking at the EGA results. I personally think it ran better with the Arrows with less popping on engine braking. You'll need to get your Ducati dealer to reset the TPS so that it'll idle better and not stall occasionally.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Retraction for above. Since this kit was kind of a demo, the hangers weren't the correct ones. I was assured that the retail ones would have hangers that do not require modification.

·
Registered
23 Posts
that's an amazing slip sound I think it is far nicer then the termi sound... I know sheer blasphemy in a true desmo environment but I like something original some what. The numbers really don't matter to me I like the sex appeal of the look of the bike and the sound. Nothing sounds like a Ducati!! I can't wait to find myself on one in the few months to come cruising the streets of Oahu, HI!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hmm not this has got me thinking. How does it sound compared to the Termi's with the silcencers pulled out? Even still the price difference makes it even more tempting.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Arrow prices are as follows:
alumium: $737
titanium: $1063
carbon fiber: $1063

These are round about prices pulled from another forum but to give you guys a starting point.

Jason

·
Registered
131 Posts
wow!!!!! what a beautifull sound!!!!!! gotta say i think i too like that sound better than the termi. However as i have stated before i dont believe anyone else makes a full system for our bikes, so at this point i still gotta go with the termis.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
A full exhaust is not needed for street use IMO so unless you are tracking the bike, slip-on is fine.

Personally I think most of the header pipes are good enough already and a slip-on is the best route to get rid of the cat. and baffles.

Jason

·
Registered
215 Posts
I went with Termis after all only because I could remove the silencers for days I want to go really loud or with them in on days I want to go not so loud. That was the biggest selling point for me. The new ECU and Airfilter did help too though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
hey that was my idea!! ;) i've been thinking on it for about a week and looked last night for an old mv exhaust. i think it would be hot too. i"m just curious how it would sound.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think someone should try it! If you install a reflective heat shield under the seat like the MV does - it might work.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts