Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have had time to put my bike back together after my crash I put asv levers on and there seems to be no free play and front wheel seem to have very slight drag the rod is none adjustable like my old levers where any one else run into this I rode it quick today but wasn't on the brakes hard at all I'm worried about the heat when at the track that it might lock up

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I am not familiar with those particular levers, but as a general approach, you are going to need to shorten the short pushrod that acts against the master cylinder piston, or you WILL have problems.
If you can't adapt the stock adjustable pushrod, you may have to carefully remove some material from the end of the ASV pushrod. I have heard of others on here having to do this with some brands.
If the lever is exerting any preload against the hydraulics, it will cause the pads to drag, which will heat up the fluid, which will expand, and you will end up stuck somewhere with some damage to your brake components.
Essentially, you need the slightest bit of freeplay between the lever pushrod and the piston, or the hydraulic bleed-back hole in the master cylinder will be obscured, and the fluid won't be able to completely release the pressure from the pads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts