Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Those should be better than what I had. Mine didn't have any anodizing
They didn't annodize them?? :wtf:

How can they sell crap that corrodes in a few months??

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the gold come with anodized. The triple claim in my bike came in raw billet aluminum
I should able to order the rearsets sometime soon. Still try to find see any vendor can offer better price than retail

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Just to be clear (pun intended...see in a moment) about anodize because a lot of people tend to not know this...anodize is CLEAR. The color comes from a dye and you can pick whatever you want pretty much (for aluminum...for titanium it's a different process, but won't get into that now), and dying is part of the anodize process if you choose to do it. So if it's gold, or red, or black, or whatever, then it means it has been anodized. If it looks like bare aluminum, it could still be anodized, or it may not. For parts like these, that are exposed to weather, they better anodize them! I would be willing to bet, not much but I'd be willing to bet some, that your triple clamps are also anodized. It's typically the right thing to do with machined parts, because it's a pretty cheap process and improves corrosion resistance. On cast parts, that's a different story. It's pretty hard to anodize cast parts, so those are typically not anodized.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Wow! That's shitty.

Reactions: vfrman

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
The new design maybe better I hope. I am about to drop $500 on the rearsets and still not able to find any solid feedback yet
Well then you can always go with something else. For example, Woodcrafts would could cost you about 300-400 for a new set and you'll never hear anything bad about them. It's what most racers use, because they're good and cheaper than others.

Reactions: gunther19820

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well then you can always go with something else. For example, Woodcrafts would could cost you about 300-400 for a new set and you'll never hear anything bad about them. It's what most racers use, because they're good and cheaper than others.
I have woodcraft on my 748s and I like those. Just want to try something different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I run the same rearsets just in black, I like them alot. I did find out that at maxed out on height and back that I did not have enough adjustment in the gear lever. But come to find out it was way to high for my liking anyway. They are super nice. Oh yeah, file down the sharp outer knerling of the peg to help save your boots and it will make moving on the peg alittle easier but still give a ton of grip. Enjoy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.