Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi Guys, please excuse the length of this post.

I just recieved an email from motomatrix in the UK that the ECU and dash for my 2006 998 monster cannot have new keys programmed for it. they can't turn off the immobiliser either.

I'm really at a loss.
Just dont know what road to take now.

I bought the bike from a damaged auction sale here in Australia with the intent of sending it overseas where I usually ride in Asia.

Since then I found out the last owner was killed a day after he dropped the duc on the back of another bike. After hearing this I hoped to keep the bike in the country where the faller rider lived and resurrect it in his honour. but now it looks like I may have to part it out, unless I can find another way to get it running.

The actual bike is a 2006 monster with the S4R engine. It's a 2006 model and has a digitek dashboard. The two best guiys I could track down in Australia to do the keys both said it was going to cost mega bucks to get around it.

The front end was smashed off the bike but the frame and everything else is fine. (had to replace forks, radiator, triples, oil cooler etc). but the worst thing was it came without keys. Normally this wouldnt be a hassle but having the digitek dash makes it hard and motomatrix said the dash was the same as a 620i. and rare. so im now further behind.

would it be possible to install a different dash and ecu from another 998? I dont care if the dash looks different, as long as it plugs in and works. Even if I have to rewire it to fit. can I run a new race ECU say from houston superbikes, that could be premapped to my single akroprovic full system? another thing I was told was the engine was blue printed and the cams had been done. would I need to know what cams had been installed befor houston could premap the bike?

sorry for the long post but im hanging to get this baby cracking!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Let me first state I have never run into this problem but I did a little research about this.

Here are a few options. First is have the immobiliser removed from the ECU so you can just run a simple tumber to start and stop the bikeducati ecu unlock/ decode - Detailed item view - ecu master. Next up is use this company S.O.S. Diagnostics - Ducati Programming and Keys but you will have to find a new/used cluster to have it all reprogrammed. Might want to contact ths seller to see if they have the ECU DUCATI MONSTER S2R 1000 S4R GAUGE CLUSTER IGNITION KEY | eBay This option is quite pricey plus all the shipping involed.

Good luck

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the hints friend.
Ive emailed the guys regarding reprogramming.

maybe another option is to buy a brand new race ecu without the immobiliser inside?

then I guess I would just have to have it mapped to my specs?

its a headache!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I believe a new Ducati race ECU will come with the immobiliser stuff preinstalled. Contact Houston superbikes to see if they can elimate the immobiliser stuff. Should be possible and cheapest.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts