Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alrity,

The wait was totally worth it, imo. Exhaust quality is top-notch. I took the initiative and installed the exhaust myself, took the servo motor our completely and the crew at AMS Dallas cleared the CEL when they tuned my bike.

Dan and Jordan at Ducati AMS at Dallas. Dan and Jordan have taken care of my bike from top to bottom, inside out.

Finally the bike is done with the mapping and dyno'ed in. The result was 150whp 83ft/lb torque.

The bike vibrates so much the screws that secure the flexiglass for Ducabike Clutch cover actually came loose. Dan put them back together with a little of loctie. The pipe turned blue and ooh weee....

I couldn't be happier with the GP2

But first, it came all the way back with the help of Gunny Fitz, Bellissimoto and Shift-Tech Carbon for the parts (cough discounts). Motowheels also gave out members discount as well. I would recommend their SBK series rearset, all you need is the 20mm spacers they have to clear the exhaust shield for the SF series (held up really well when I crashed my '10 SF S).

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
Very nice Le, I like how small the exhaust canister is. Not 3 feet long like the r1's/r6's of earlier years.

I like the blue too. when I installed my exhaust I made sure to wipe it all down before starting it up. Burned in finger smudge marks would have bummed me out.

150hp(rear tire) out of a 1098 with the 2 piece MWR filters is pretty decent.

Did you install the filters yourself. I did it twice first time was a bitch to get to, 2nd time was easier because I was replacing the gas tank and had it off.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
^the MWR were installed prior to my ownership.

I had the 1 piece but since I saw the 2 piece I just left them in there..LOL

Unless I have the urge to get more power, by which 150 on a sub 400lbs bike is already plenty, I would have to go with ti con rod, pistal pistons, and if possible twin injectors like the 1098R series...but that's serious coins right there lol..

I preferred the GP2 over the GP2R or the GP1 because it looks less Japanese shorty mock'ed up cans pple run on theirs around the area.

·
Registered
438 Posts
nice only 3 screws for each side but at a angle that makes it kind of hard to get all them lined up with the filters.
I said a couple of times if I had little asian hands these would be on already and not these stubby fat clubs.

And I agree 150hp is plenty for what these are I just happen to have 165:p Which by the way is the same HP #'s that the 1098R's get.
But without all the Ti bits and twin injectors... Damn now I want a 1098R.

·
Registered
438 Posts
lol you think that's cheating, you should see me street racing(Z33) lol. Running c16 saying it's 110* haha

Looked up AR and seems like the exhaust to get if you own a SF, flows with the bike well.
For some reason I was thinking that AR was in Austin, TX. foolish me..

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL, the good things come out of Austin is: COTA, Hot chicks, lakes that attract hot chicks. Other than that, it's full of Hipsterbucks

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cul8r's wheel

Thanks Jay,

Their system was messed up for sure that's why they said delayed on your end.

Shout out to a good seller, Cul8r. The wheel came in as described and was in good packing box.

Can't wait to get it mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sincere congratulations Donger and once again I agree that REALLY looks outstanding my man! Sounds like they surely went over every nut and bolt on the bike and that right there is "peace" of mind brother! Very glad you got to meet Jordan and the crew down there man! Oh btw- I do love that blue pipe as well. :)
Lastly, I truly appreciate the honorable mention too Le. Meant a lot bro.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sincere congratulations Donger and once again I agree that REALLY looks outstanding my man! Sounds like they surely went over every nut and bolt on the bike and that right there is "peace" of mind brother! Very glad you got to meet Jordan and the crew down there man! Oh btw- I do love that blue pipe as well. :)
Yup, I was like "holy shit that's the best customer service I've got in years."
Rainy in texas so I haven't given it a proper run.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yup, I was like "holy shit that's the best customer service I've got in years."

Rainy in texas so I haven't given it a proper run.

It's been hectic here with the cagers as well..I'm thinking buying an extra cowl, drill a hole to make a rear camera and mount another one on my helmet for proof.

The pipe is so loud, my ears are ringing every time I start it and let it idle..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.