Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1098 base model full comp.
Experienced rider, no claims, speeding (1 point) two times this year.
QBE $1329au (who I am with now insuring my S2R800 for $500au.)
E-bike on-line $1306 this was for a 999 biposto as no 1098 in drop down.
NRMA $1673au.
RACV $2233au.
AAMI wont insure anything over 1000cc :mad:
Shannons wont insure me as I ride daily and am not a sunshine boy :mad:
API wont insure anything over 250cc :eek:nthecan:

New there was a reason I went for the S2R800 @ $500pa , Tyres will wear faster with 160hp to play with too, the S2R was good for 7000 to 10000kms on the rear. Well it's a good thing I'm single and only have my bikes to pay for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That great on a $28,000 bike. I am paying $1000 for my speed triple on a $15,000 market with QBE.

The dealer quoted me $1600 on 1098 based on current 999. But as the bike is coming in cheaper and also the costs of parts ( I assumed as production costs are lower) are cheaper it should be around what you got quoted

Any discounts on alarms /trackers etc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Orian, I'm 50yo, 36 years riding experience, 1 accident last year assessed but not claimed on. Oh, mention club membership gets a discount too. E-Bike was the cheapest but I haven't heard of them so QBE will be getting me again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Shannons would only insure me if I was a sunshine boy (limited use) I have a few bikes and no cars, I ride everyday and although it might not always be the duke chances are it will be. Lets face it I walk out to the garage and say to myself "what will I ride today?" I seem to jump on my Ducati all the time.

I don't know where they get off with this limited use policy, from my experience sunshine riders or riders that ride once a month dont seem to have roadcraft skills as sharp. Driving a car everyday doen't give you the same perspective. Dont get me wrong some can ride fine and can beat me through a mountain road in many a case.

But for sure Shannons have run the numbers and that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
134 Posts
slob said:
I don't know where they get off with this limited use policy, from my experience sunshine riders or riders that ride once a month dont seem to have roadcraft skills as sharp. Dont get me wrong some can ride fine and can beat me through a mountain road in many a case.

But for sure Shannons have run the numbers and that's all that really matters.
Don't make too many assumptions...I only insure my Duke, so in the winter I ride an XR400, ride my other road bikes occasionally and that keeps my km's down. I find commuting boring (I only like 8kms from work) so drive. I'm out most weekends and track work.

4,00kms a year is not that bad and I'm not that worried if I exceed it as I probably will the first year. Its just peace of mind having insurance and I know Shannons will honour - I wrote off a 900SS a few years ago and I'm sure that had averaged over 4,000kms anyway.

In principle I agree with your comment, nothing can beat practicing/riding to improve skills, , though some people put in a lot of kms but still keep the same bad habits. They should allow more for if you've done courses, etc.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Shannon’s, fully comp limited use AU$688.00 with my block policy.

Now all I need to do is finish off the full carbon kit and fit the 70mm system!!!

Oh!! I’d better introduce myself… I’m Steve and I own RaceComp and I’m in Adelaide……..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yep I went with Shannons $740.00 in Brisbane, limited use as part of multiple bike policy
749R
650SL
1098S
MV 750 F4

Starting stripping my 1098S down to get the moulds happening for tinted screen and carbon parts so it will sit there idle for a few weeks :bawling:

·
Banned
161 Posts
yellow900:

LOL.... I know that feeling, just got the tinted double bubble screen back. Thanks to Ducati Adelaide....

It will be a few weeks yet before I get my 1098 back together, still debating!!!! Should I make the carbon tank now or later? I guess I will, It will not look right without it.
The track kit is up and running, well almost it was out on test at Mallala on Friday.

The carbon road and race kit will be my biggest kit to date; every conceivable part will be carbon. Including upper fork tubes, triple clamps and clip-ons.

I’m still talking to Mark at Ducati Adelaide about a full carbon frame!!!! That’s one hell of an expensive bit of tooling up, RaceComps autoclave can fit a full bike inside easy………

It was on the cards for the 999 but the 1098 put pay to that!!!!!

Here is some of RaceComps handy work……

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Racecomp - the fairing looks great. I thought when I saw the picture on the opening forum page it was Mallala.

How did the 1098S go around the track? Are you still limited rpm or has it been run in now?

How much are your fairings and windscreen?

I was just talking to my wife tonight saying I can't wait to take it out the track, but won't want to risk it without fairings/

·
Banned
161 Posts
DuanneB: Talk to Mark at Ducati Adelaide, he will do you a good deal on a kit!!! Mallala was very hot on Friday. I would like to see you on the next Ducati Adelaide ride day......... I'm still thrashing my naked Daytona for now; a carbon tank for the 1098 will see the bike laid up for a bit of time yet!!!!!

The pictures are me and my wife two-up on turn two and me on my own at turn two............ I love trackdays!!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
The only hassle with the Ducati Adelaide track days is that they're on a weekday and I haven't been able to get the time off.

You obviously have a trusting wife - bet that guy behind you was blown away!

I was thinking about racing this Sunday, but I think I've left my run too late. I think there's another meet in March, so I'll drag my VFR out then.

·
Registered
45 Posts
slob said:
1098 base model full comp.
Experienced rider, no claims, speeding (1 point) two times this year.
QBE $1329au (who I am with now insuring my S2R800 for $500au.)
E-bike on-line $1306 this was for a 999 biposto as no 1098 in drop down.
NRMA $1673au.
RACV $2233au.
AAMI wont insure anything over 1000cc :mad:
Shannons wont insure me as I ride daily and am not a sunshine boy :mad:
API wont insure anything over 250cc :eek:nthecan:

New there was a reason I went for the S2R800 @ $500pa , Tyres will wear faster with 160hp to play with too, the S2R was good for 7000 to 10000kms on the rear. Well it's a good thing I'm single and only have my bikes to pay for.
I insured mine through QBE and I got them to match ebikes price !! I'm 35, 14 years experience. rating 1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts