Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, Merry Christmas to you all. Ever since I can remember I always wanted a Ducati...I actually remember thinking how cool it would be to make a superbike appear on stage like David Copperfield. In 2010 I purchased my first Duc, a 09 Monster 696. I immediately started stripping it and trying to make it my own. I had it powder coated red in just the right places and put every piece of Carbon on that sucker I could...officially calling it Carbon. What a wonderful first bike!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

And then it happened...I went down (not the first time) and went down hard. Totaled the bike. Sad sad day!

Since then I have been searching...and searching and searching for that perfect next bike. A combination of style and class and sexy Monster! Living in Reno I couldn't find anything so I started searching the entire west coast. A few weeks ago I stumbled upon a gold mine...from the first moment I saw it I knew. An 07 S4Rs with only 300 miles and over $15k dumped into the bike...custom everything!!! My Christmas present to myself which arrives next week delivered to my door from Hollywood, CA.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

I thought this would be the perfect time to join the forum! See you out there!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Welcome! That's a really tricked out S4Rs Magic...... A fine Christmas present indeed! Isn't this addiction we all share one of the most gratifying things in life?! Enjoy.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Both bikes are gorgeous! Nice find and welcome back to the family!

Reactions: ducatimagic

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I saw that S4RS on craiglist a while back, really trick bike! :)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yeah BH Ducati had it listed on there. Can't believe someone just dumped the money into and then didn't ride it. Expensive paperweight!
Unfortunately, it's very typical behavior of high-end motorcycle owners of any brand. Ya see it a lot with Ducati's, MV's, Aprilia's, Bimota's, etc… People buy to possess an object, rather then use said object. I almost bounced on a 2006 749R with 900 miles on the clock for 10k in 2013. That's the kind of mileage I'd put on a bike the first week of ownership!

Anyway, congrats on your new toy! I will be joining you the moment I can afford one. The S4RS is my next bike in line. ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Unfortunately, it's very typical behavior of high-end motorcycle owners of any brand. Ya see it a lot with Ducati's, MV's, Aprilia's, Bimota's, etc… People buy to possess an object, rather then use said object. I almost bounced on a 2006 749R with 900 miles on the clock for 10k in 2013. That's the kind of mileage I'd put on a bike the first week of ownership!

Anyway, congrats on your new toy! I will be joining you the moment I can afford one. The S4RS is my next bike in line. ;)
Tuned is so right! I found my 999 the same way. In South Florida there are many deals when wealthy folks buy but don't ride. My 05 999 has 1700 miles on it and all kinds of upgrades like slipper clutch, rearsets, LeoVince system, carbon bits, even a shitty steering dampener which is coming off asap.......really.....no kidding my bike is a rare find and yes they are out there! New purchases are great but you have to do all the mods yourself then....$$$$$ I'm not sure I can ever buy new again....used to be only cars were the ticket used for me, now I'm really getting cheap in my old age.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How does a Used 2014 796 with 900 miles and 18 months remaining on the Orig warranty sound for $8500...???

I'm about to make it mine.:D

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Yea, that's not a bad deal… I'd push'em lower on the price, but that's about what they go for.

Good luck with the purchase! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts