Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
happy 2021 everyone, I haven't posted coz the moto's been running strong until today..

issue _ low power and some backfiring also running cold on the back end. the bike is dead on her ass... any feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
happy 2021 everyone, I haven't posted coz the moto's been running strong until today..

issue _ low power and some backfiring also running cold on the back end. the bike is dead on her ass... any feedback appreciated.
Depending on your tools, tuning ability, etc.. check the easy/obivious stuff, like did you wash the bike and get water on sensitive parts/connections, bad gas, etc... then check the battery voltage, then maybe pull the spark plugs and compare them. Check for spark function. Give it a good going over for something looking "different"... if you run out of the above you know where your Ducati tech.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply, -no i didn't wash the bike in fact it just returned from it's 15k service around one month ago. I run ethanol free fuel from a local station nearby ,- there's always a chance it has some bad fuel as i look back it wanted to act badly when i was out riding and then clear up and run normal. My battery voltage is dead on 13.2volts and the plugs are new from service. just began today when i cranked it, it was fine yesterday it seems to be running lean /starving for fuel coz the exhaust remains cold even as the temp gauge is reading 185f. - when i throttle it up on idle it struggles and the grabs on and revs up to 3000 rpm on its own..... strange!

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
thanks for your reply, -no i didn't wash the bike in fact it just returned from it's 15k service around one month ago. I run ethanol free fuel from a local station nearby ,- there's always a chance it has some bad fuel as i look back it wanted to act badly when i was out riding and then clear up and run normal. My battery voltage is dead on 13.2volts and the plugs are new from service. just began today when i cranked it, it was fine yesterday it seems to be running lean /starving for fuel coz the exhaust remains cold even as the temp gauge is reading 185f. - when i throttle it up on idle it struggles and the grabs on and revs up to 3000 rpm on its own..... strange!
Yep...usually the rear cylinder runs a bit warmer. The reason I brought up the plugs was to compare them looking for the same color or condition of the electrodes. An indication of what each cylinder is doing. The fact that you just had someone work on it brings in a new situation, as I would start looking in that direction as well, could be an assembly item.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm leaning toward bad fuel coz it was fine after Ducati tech complete the 15k service. I'll call the Ducati tech Monday and ask his take- meantime ill run down some fuel additive to isolate water etc although to be honest i hate putting that stuff in my tank... I can rip into it but it's a major pain.. thanks again

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Also i'm not getting anything from my HUD alerting me to anything abnormal.
Yep. calling your tech is the way to go
I might suggest doing that before doing the fuel additive, as I also shun that stuff. I would prefer pulling the tank and drianing the fuel. Prolly in a clear or big enough container to see if it water. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good points, pulling the tank isn't a big deal I've done it at least three times to correct a bad fuel line clamp.. i'll call Garcia Moto Monday and see if he's thinking anywhere close to us... can't be too serious however it worries the hell outa me never the less...happy weekend. cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 748 had similar symptoms and it turned out to be corrosion in all the Electrical connections On the engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts