Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to find out if there is a way to replace the way too light bar end weight on Helibars. I'm seriously considering the Throttlemeister set up for my 1098 but wanted to know if anybody has had the same thought and found a workable & less expensive solution. My Helibars just have the thread to bolt on the stock weights. In other words, the bars are solid and not hollow which makes it a bit more challenging perhaps . . .

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Kyle Racing Engines sell a brand of bar ends that are basically solid. They are around $50 a pair but I don't remember the brand name. Quite heavy I must say.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Normally, weighted bar-ends are fitted to dampen vibration from the engine. As these engines produce very little vibration when ridden in the correct rev-range for the selected gear they only come from the factory with a light plastic plug in the ends.

Which begs the question as to why yours needs them. It may be that there is a problem with your engine. If you have a friend with a similar model it might be worth doing a swap to ascertain whether all is well.

But if you use these in their best rev range they are pretty smooth.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after reading over my original post I realized the focus of it ended up being on vibration which was not my intention and it isn't a problem indeed. I merely wanted to find out if anybody had any experience with any throttle lock besides the one I mentioned

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Ahhhh I've used a Throttlemesiter before and they are a good product. I use one now sold by SpeedMob called an Omnicruise. It actually goes over your grip and is substantially ($110 for TM and $45 for Omni) cheaper. If you have really big hands it might be a bit of an intrusion as it goes on your grip up near the throttle housing. I've used a cheaper plastic version of the Omni that was crude but it did do the trick for long rides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts