Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Damn it Bob! Every time you post something regarding Barber I want to go there more and more! It's so damn far away though! Regardless, it's still on my list, and I WILL go there sometime...hopefully next year or 2016.

Reactions: WERA689 and 219R

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Barber rocks! I have yet to find to a better track than this in the US...
Having never been to Barber, I will suggest Road America. That's my favorite so far for sure.

·
Administrator
2,954 Posts
I've said it before...Barber is a bucket list destination, whether you ride or not!

I actually got asked to come out of retirement today by a buddy who came up a rider short for his endurance team at the Grand National Finals. Luckily for both of us, the son of a former employer stepped up to fill the seat, but I was flattered. :)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I've said it before...Barber is a bucket list destination, whether you ride or not!

I actually got asked to come out of retirement today by a buddy who came up a rider short for his endurance team at the Grand National Finals. Unfortunately for me, the son of a former employer stepped up to fill the seat, but I was flattered. :)
I fixed it. Not sure how you could make such a basic grammar error.

Reactions: WERA689 and 219R

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WERA GNF @ Barber this weekend!!! Should be a gr8 event with perfect weather. Of particular interest is an 848 Ducati with Frank, Pete, and Brad, in the endurance race.... Also Michelin is making an announcement concerning new models of race tires!!!

Should be a super weekend!

Reactions: WERA689

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been looking into this festival and it ticks all the boxes for me . I will make a effort one year and make my way to it .
Please... make it next year 2015. already on my schedule. If you want to race, let me know and I will help with the requirements (you have to have a sanctioned license and compete in one race during the year) . Two days of practice before the race weekend. Plenty of time to learn the track. A truly gr8 event, quite a few international racers.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh, and that license and race, does NOT have to be with AHRMA, does not have to be in the United States. Could be your own country. At least that was the ruling in 2014.

Reactions: W17

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
checks all the boxes?? are you sure? I heard from someone that it's a bunch of old guys parade lapping on a track...doesn't sound like fun to me ;)

Reactions: 219R
1 - 13 of 13 Posts