Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I just bought a new 821, its awesome. I was thinking I'd like the bars a tad higher so I'm not leaning forward as much. A bar swap would be the most straight forward, can anyone suggest where to get bars of the same diameter and and length but a slightly higher rise? Rizoma make risers and bars but that's over a 300 dollar set up, just a bar swap would be the cheapest.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi all I just bought a new 821, its awesome. I was thinking I'd like the bars a tad higher so I'm not leaning forward as much. A bar swap would be the most straight forward, can anyone suggest where to get bars of the same diameter and and length but a slightly higher rise? Rizoma make risers and bars but that's over a 300 dollar set up, just a bar swap would be the cheapest.
Looking to do the same thing. There are somethings I have been looking at but until we can get dimensions of the stock bars, it's kinda tough to proceed. I'm looking at the Rizoma set up and the Conical "Fat" bars with Reverse Retro Mirrors and Bar End Weights. It is high end stuff, but it seems to be very well made as well. Will keep you posted.

Actually went with Rizoma 22mm bars. Other 821 riders have said they give a slight up and back(plus they come in black). I'll give them a try with the mirrors, grips nd Ducabike levers. Will post pics when they are installed (it's very cold outside right now).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Get the monster 1200 bar clamps. They fit the monster 821. You can now mount any fat bar. I got myself the black diavel bar. You keep all original and cheaper then rizoma. Looks awesome and riding position improves

·
Registered
304 Posts
Get the monster 1200 bar clamps. They fit the monster 821. You can now mount any fat bar. I got myself the black diavel bar. You keep all original and cheaper then rizoma. Looks awesome and riding position improves
Wow what a great idea, the diavel bar could be super comfy. Do you have any photos? Hows the reach to the bars compared to stock? Ive purchased rizoma gear just waiting delivery. Damn it was expensive though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Alex, which bar clamps, stock? did you buy, can you post a picture of your setup?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought these for my Monster 821.

Ducati Monster 1200 1200S 821 1" Handlebar Comfort Riser Kit

Just make sure you use extra washers/spacers when installing these to provide sufficient clearance when you torque the bolts back down. Not sure why they didn't include them in the kit, but for $40, it's a great value. It raised my handle bar 1" and it's definitely improved my riding comfort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts