Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd take a few current shots of the bike as it sits now since our optimal street season is coming to a close. Barely used street tires (Q3s) are now back on fo the first time since early May to enjoy a group ride later today (looks like temps are projected to top off at 67 :)) with a bunch of friends who are regulars at our ZARS trackdays....and some of the few who also still ride on the street. Sounds like we're hitting up some of the ABC's of southwestern WI for a few hours. :)

Here's the complete mod list for anyone wondering what some of the parts are...

2014 Mod list:

*Akrapovic Evolution slip-on exhaust
*ASV F3 clutch lever
*Ballistic Evo2 12-cell battery
*Brembo M4 Monoblock calipers
*Brembo RCS-19 brake master cylinder w/aero lever
*Brembo remote adjuster for RCS-19
*Carrozzeria V-Track wheels
*1Cabontech carbon bellypan
*Carbonvani carbon undertank panels
*CDT carbon swingarm cover
*CDT carbon ignition cover
*CDT carbon brake reservior mount
*CDT carbon street fairings (nose, mids, and tail)
*CNC Racing rear axle nuts
*CNC Racing front axle sliders
*CRG RR rearsets
*Competition Werkes integrated taillight
*D.I.D. VX525 chain
*Domino XM2 adjustable throttle assembly
*DucaBike fuel cap w/ carbon key (white tank)
*DucaBike wet slipper clutch
*DucaBike wet clutch clear cover
*DucaBike carbon brake lever guard
*Ducati Performance carbon tank protector
*Ducati Performance carbon air runner covers
*Ducati Performance oil fill plug
*Ducati Performance Superpole seat
*Ducati Data Analyzer
*Ducati Performance ECU (custom tuned by Anthony @ DucMPLS)
*DucShop 28mm offset triples
*DucShop 'Daytona' linear rear link
*Dunlop Sportmax Q3 (street), GPA Pro (track), & KR (rains)
*Evoluzione rear fender eliminator
*Fast Frank Racing Quick Change front axle setup w/captive spacers
*Full-floating front rotor conversion
*GB Racing water pump & magnet cover
*GPR V4 steering stabilizer
*Motowheels lightweight aluminum rear subframe
*MWR air filters
*Oberon 29 mm clutch slave cylinder
*Ohlins FGRT 819 forks
*Ohlins TTX36 rear shock
*PitBull 14 tooth front sprocket
*Renthal grips (medium compound)
*Rizoma brake & clutch fluid reservoirs
*Rizoma fuel cap (black tank)
*R&G clutch case protector
*R&G tank sliders
*Sato Racing adjustable ride height adjuster
*Sharkskinz track fairings
*ShiftTech carbon front fender
*ShiftTech carbon extended chain guard
*ShiftTech carbon instrument panel cover
*Speedymoto under-fairings frame sliders
*Speedymoto Omni clip-on bars
*Spiegler Alt 2 stainless braided brake lines
*StompGrip tankpads
*Translogic quickshifter
*TwillTech carbon dash
*TwillTech carbon exhaust heatshield
*TwillTech carbon front sprocket cover
*Vesrah RJL-XX brake pads
*XT Racing GPX Pro4 lap timer/data logger w/brake pressure sensor
*ZeroGravity Corsa clear windscreen

*Decals by Drippin'Wet, SRSignDesign, & TrackDecals.com
*Track bodywork & frame paint by Hering Kustoms
*Suspension refresh by Desmo Veloce
*Torn down to the frame and reassembled by yours truly

Thanks for looking!!!

-Christian

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I've probably said this before, but this is the best 848 that I've seen or know of! And it ain't a garage queen folks!

With that said, I recently saw pictures of the coolest and most badass 1198 ever (from a fellow forum member)!!

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
:ahhh:Christian, you need to move to Cali and adopt me. I need to borrow some parts and then we can play for 10 months a year.:bawling:
I WISH, man. If I were single I'd take you up on moving out there so you can adopt me as you fund both of us tearing up roads and tracks on the west coast all year. :)

That's what you offered, right? ^_^

I've probably said this before, but this is the best 848 that I've seen or know of! And it ain't a garage queen folks!

With that said, I recently saw pictures of the coolest and most badass 1198 ever (from a fellow forum member)!!
Alex, LINK TO SAID 1198 for the love of Cheese 'N Rice!! :-D

Thanks, man. Seriously is of the the most gracious complements as we have some pretty done up 848s here and on .ms. :)

It's funny you mention the 'no garage queen' thing. A guy that rides with another td org came up to the bike and asked if I actually knew how to ride the thing and if I'd ever done a trackday. Before I could even say anything a friend pointed to the tracks and A group sticker I hadn't taken off the windscreen yet. Needless to say he got quiet really quick, lol. I lightened the mood by saying I bought the decals off eBay for $28. :p

gotta say...with all that carbon, it seems strange you opted for Al rims!
Was going for something different, because the "all carbon everything look" has been done many times before. Figured a bit of contrast would set it apart from all the other carbon bodied/carbon wheeled SBKs that have been posted thruout the years.

And also because when paired with the white track bodywork, the red wheels & frame made for an easy target for our photographers. :)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Ducati should have produced a special edition 848 in that same look. Ya know, raid the Ducati Performance catalog and put some aggressive cam's in there to help with the $25,000 price tag! LOL :)

Anyway, I dig it. Especially since you actually RIDE your bikes! Though, I would have spent that money on buying a dedicated track bike! HAHAHAHH!!!! :D
I'm too lazy to change over fairings between riding on the street and track.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ducati should have produced a special edition 848 in that same look. Ya know, raid the Ducati Performance catalog and put some aggressive cam's in there to help with the $25,000 price tag! LOL :)

Anyway, I dig it. Especially since you actually RIDE your bikes! Though, I would have spent that money on buying a dedicated track bike! HAHAHAHH!!!! :D
I'm too lazy to change over fairings between riding on the street and track.
Agreed that they could've done a carbon SE 848/1x98 if they'd wanted to. Saw a pick of the 1198SP in the Diamond Black Metallic with red frame/wheels and always thought "what if teh carbons invaded.....".

I appreciate that, man. I've always figured why ADD fuel to the stereotype of Duc owners being all bling and little-to-no riding ability. Made no sense to me to be one of the guys with a super tricked out looking bike to have it only look good in front of coffee shops twice a month. Could've carbon vinyled the stock fairings and spray painted the forks & wheels if that had been the main goal, lol.

Oh, trust me. The laziness hit me a few times this season. Day before a track event and I'm like "I REALLY don't feel like wasting an hour to swap...trackday prep in the street fairings it is!!" Each time took me a couple of sessions to put it out of my mind that it would be pretty bad if I dumped this thing in its street clothes". ^_^

Eventually this will become the track-only bike. I'm just not financially ready to build the baddest street/occasional trackday RSV4 anyone has ever laid eyes on just yet. :p

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's only his 2014 mod list:grin:
This is why I want him to adopt me. I want to look through the boxes of upgrades from previous years. :stickpoke

Christian, please keep the wife. Yes I live close to S.F. and I'm sure your a looker:wtf:,but I like to play with the other team. Plus, if you do make it out to Northern Cali. Your wife can wine taste as your riding Sears Point and shop in Monterey when your burning up Laguna Seca. Win Win.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
This is why I want him to adopt me. I want to look through the boxes of upgrades from previous years. :stickpoke

Christian, please keep the wife. Yes I live close to S.F. and I'm sure your a looker:wtf:,but I like to play with the other team. Plus, if you do make it out to Northern Cali. Your wife can wine taste as your riding Sears Point and shop in Monterey when your burning up Laguna Seca. Win Win.
Fuck the wine...save that for after the checkered flag...she can tear it up too on her Ninja 250 :yo:

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol, you guys!! :)

I wonder what 2015 will bring? Maybe a new bike... Hmmmm. Lol
Nothing too fancy. No racing. Just a guy out there riding his bike to get better. :)

Aside from a fairings change for track work (#nomorewhite #whyhideit #fortheloveofcarbon) and new rotors/pads, the only plans for '15 are to make this thing as reliable as possible so I don't miss valuable track time. A friend said he'd hate to see how quick I'd get if I actually got more than 40 min of seat time at our home track all season, lol.

Already making rustlings for interest in a return to COTA as well as visiting a couple of tracks 'north of the border'.

Wish I could pull the trigger on the next bike project, but I set a goal for this bike and I'm holding myself to it. Just going to take longer since I can't meet the goal if I'm not racing. I'm not done with this thing yet. Would love to see next year end in the .40-42 range on the Comp Course of BIR, then throw the street stuff on and take a nice relaxing ride the next day. :)

-Christian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts