Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a phone call from my dealer this morning saying my 1098 (base) has cleared customs and is on its way. It may be here as early as tomorrow. He is closed on Sun/Mon so it may not be until Tues/Wed of next week but at least it is here in the USA and out of bond.

CAG

·
Registered
75 Posts
Out of curiosity, who's your dealer up there, CAG?

West Hartford is where I grew up. I'm thinking of trailering my 1098 up there later this spring to visit my parents, who are now living in Farmington.

·
Registered
337 Posts
CAG said:
I got a phone call from my dealer this morning saying my 1098 (base) has cleared customs and is on its way. It may be here as early as tomorrow. He is closed on Sun/Mon so it may not be until Tues/Wed of next week but at least it is here in the USA and out of bond.

CAG
CAG --- pics and as much of a 'real person' review as soon as possible please!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer is Gengras in East Hartford. If it doesn't arrive today or tomorrow, it won't be here untill Tues or Wed because they are closed Sun/Mon.

Andrew will call me when the crate arrives. I will take pics from that point forward. I don't know about ride report the roads are covered with salt and it is still in the 20s.

CAG

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Besure to post pix!

Jason

·
Registered
100 Posts
CAG said:
I don't know about ride report the roads are covered with salt and it is still in the 20s.

CAG

Doood, that may suck more than not even having your bike. Just sitting there in the garage, unable to ride. :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it may. But at least may curiosity will be satisfied and I will know which sucks worse. Not having it, or having it and not being able to ride it. I will post which sucks worse when it is here.

CAG

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Wow! That's awesome news! I assume Cliffs in Danbury should be getting their base models soon as well. I'm going to call them later on today and get an ETA. As of a week ago, when I was last there, they said the base models should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Maybe Gengras was on some sort of early delivery schedule?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Well, I just called Cliffs and they didn't want to say exactly when the bike's would arrive from customs (so I assume the bikes have made it into the USA), other than the time frame I was told a week ago, which was 2-3 weeks. So for all of you who may be taking delivery of your 1098 this weekend or next week, CONGRATS! Keep us up to date....

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gengras received 3 of the 5 bikes that cleared customs. Unfortunately, the three bikes were Monsters. At least one of the other two bikes is my 1098. If freight company delivers on Saturday I should have it tomorrow. If not I won't see it untill Tuesday at the earliest.

CAG

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Dude, you know you're not going to sleep for the next few days! LOL! In times like that, you know what helps.... shopping for parts & accessores... LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
good idea!! Get sleeping pills to knock myself out for a couple weeks...I can't wait to ride my bike out the door with the full termi stopping traffic for me :naughty: My dealer is still saying a couple more weeks...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just talk today to Rockwell Cycles from Upstate NY.
They received one 1098 base so far , but the rest of bikes ( 1098 base ) coming in march !!!! :)

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
My dealer claims they are getting 5 for sure to fill preorders, $hitty news is I am 6th on the list so I am praying someone backs out. They have 10 standards on order so I just have to wait to see what happens. The deal I got going (in writing) is if I don't get an 07, I will get a 08 for the same cost of a 07 unless MSRP is more than 1g... If that is the case, I get one grand off the bike but have to pay whatever it is over that if you follow me.

Jason

Jason

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Saturday came and went with no delivery. The dealer is closed today and tomorrow. Hopefully there will be something on Tuesday.

CAG

1 - 18 of 18 Posts