Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spoke with my dealer today and was told that my bike should arrive in 3-4 weeks. Granted I was told the same thing 3-4 weeks ago, but this time he assured me. I was wondering who else was waiting for a base model and what kind of time frame are your on (ETA).

Oh and by the way, I'm number 6 on my dealers list. They've only taken delivery of 3 base 1098's so far...

·
Registered
188 Posts
No ETA for me. I am basically waiting for people in front of me backing out or waiting for 08...sucks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Same here. :( I'm told I'm "next on the Standard list". They have given me no time table. But, it seems they are getting 1-2 Standards per month. I'm hoping for the second week in April. The wait is killing me. Until then my 749 will have to do.

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
Called Loveland last week, they only have gotten #1 so far. I sum how went from #2 on the list to #3? I geuss I was not PAYing attention.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im in the uk and i had my name on an april one... #3 at the dealer. From what i understand they get 2 a month... that seems about the rate for most dealers from what im reading on the web.
I say had my name on april one cos the guy in front of me on the list has dropped out so im able to pick mine up nxt weekend. Dilemma tho.
They told me it would be 1100 gbp for Termi slip ons fitted. Being a bit steep i thought id ask them o fi a se of arrows. NO chance. Got shitty with me saying they wouldn and i would void the warranty. I think they are trying to bone me as i found another dealer who would fit them no probs.... no warranty issues!! So may tell original dealer to shgove their bike and go with second dealer i can trust and wait the extra 2-3 weeks as they have one left for april manufacture.
I HATE BEING LIED TO AND SCAMMED!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm #2 with my dealer (but she says I'm really #1 with her....LOL) but they have no idea when they're going to receive the next one.

·
Registered
140 Posts
ETA one week. Got the call on the 20th that my bike was in port in NJ.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Got moved up from early May to 2 to 3 weeks out now.
We'll believe it when I get the actual call.
No biggee, cuz I'm just buying stuff for it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
DUCMILLE said:
Got moved up from early May to 2 to 3 weeks out now.
We'll believe it when I get the actual call.
No biggee, cuz I'm just buying stuff for it.
Are you getting your bike in San Diego ( GP Motorcycle ) ? Did they give you a reason ? I think mine might be in the same batch as yours since i was told second week of June......... i freaking hope so

·
Registered
337 Posts
Aviddigi said:
Are you getting your bike in San Diego ( GP Motorcycle ) ? Did they give you a reason ? I think mine might be in the same batch as yours since i was told second week of June......... i freaking hope so
--------
No, I'm getting mine from Tom up at Southern Cal Ducati (Brea).
I had no plans of getting one this first year - then I heard Brea was having the Open House -- didn't know that GP was having one also -- so I see and hear the bike, and WHAM!!

Next thing I know someone took out my check book and put down a deposit. At least that's what I told the wife.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts