Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought an 07 1098s a couple years ago. I replaced the battery when I bought it in the spring of 2020. Had to replace that battery last year. And that battery is now failing. Am I having bad luck with batteries or why is it eating a battery every year? I keep it on a trickle charger year round and it's in a heated garage. Appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
What battery? Different batteries have different discharge limits and charging requirements. Some need special chargers. I guess you really won't know if it was just a defective battery until you see what the new battery does. Five years on a quality battery is not unusual. However, service lifetime reports for lithium batteries seem to be all over the place. Don't know why.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYI. I just replaced the battery in my 1198S. Instead of the standard YT12BS, I put in a YTX14H. Fits fine after removing the rubber spacer (you will see it when you look in the battery space.) The 14 has 12.6 amp hours and was spec'd for the 1198R. Don't know why the regular 1198 didn't get it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts