Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
848 2008 Model
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new here and I've just joined this website.
I hope you guys know the answer I've been trying to figure out.
I have been having trouble starting my bike 848 2008 model recently.
Sometimes my bike starts but recently the bike won't start which is annoying!
I thought it can be cold weather, the battery or my battery charger isn't working properly.
I have not a great quality charger so I've been thinking of buying a new charger first to see how it goes.
CTEX MXS 10 battery charger is what I've been thinking of buying but I am not sure whether CTEX MXS 10 battery charger suits my bike (Pics below)
Do you have any suggestions for a battery charger ?
It would be great if you could give me advice!

Thank you :)

M&M

Bicycle frame Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle fork
Road surface Wood Asphalt Flooring Water

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Unless you often need to bring back a deeply discharged battery back to life in a short period of time, you don't need a 10 amp charger. Most of us just use a trickle charger between ride sessions. Chances are that your old charger works fine. Before you buy anything, take your battery to a auto supply store and have it tested. It likely needs replacement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unless you often need to bring back a deeply discharged battery back to life in a short period of time, you don't need a 10 amp charger. Most of us just use a trickle charger between ride sessions. Chances are that your old charger works fine. Before you buy anything, take your battery to a auto supply store and have it tested. It likely needs replacement.
also test the battery in the bike with a Volt meter to see if the bike is charging the battery!
With the bike off check volts, then start the bike and volts should go up. Check the Ground wire, connections to the Rectifier too.

·
Registered
848 2008 Model
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a battery charger and fully charged the battery but my bike won't start 😑 so I will bring my bike to a workshop after winter. Thank you for your advice guy!

·
Registered
848 2008 Model
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just because a charger indicates a full charge doesn't mean the the battery is capable of delivering sufficient current to start your bike. As I indicated above, you probably only need a new battery.
I think you are right. I have never replaced the new battery since I got my bike. I will get it when the spring starts. Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts