Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a Bazzaz QS without getting the whole kit (Bazzaz TC, fuel system, etc.)? I don't know much about it, but a guy I know was asking me if I'm interested in the QS alone, since I already have a Nemesis TCS on my bike. I just don't know if it gets plugged directly into the bike, or if it needs to go through some sort of module that connects to the ECU?

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but not for $50 which is what he would sell it to me for! :D

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone??

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
12,897 Posts
The Bazzaz stand alone quick shift for the 1x98 is pt# Q140. If that's the one, it works by itself with no fuel controller needed.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah I see. Thanks [email protected]! I searched for that part number and came up with the QS4 USB standalone QS...I assume that's the one? In that case, since it appears that they're $400+ new, $50 would be worth it regardless of whether I use it or not. Worse case is I sell it for more if it doesn't work for me.

Not sure if it's a push type or pull type sensor in it. I have reverse shifting on mine so I'd need a pull type.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bazzaz's solenoids work both directions so no push or pull type.
Hmm...interesting. I thought most are either one or the other. And the ones that have both capabilities are super expensive.

He confirmed that he's got the standalone one which apparently plugged into the Nemesis wiring (he had the same Nemesis TC), so clearly it must work. He had standard shift though, not GP, so I'll have to check on that. Either way, for that killer price, it's worth getting I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts