Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the standalone QS, so it should work without the fuel control module as well. It can be plugged into the wiring from the kickstand switch, or if you have a Bazzaz or Nemesis TC module, it can be plugged in that as well.

This is a push type sensor so it works for standard shift only, which is why I'm selling it. I'm also willing to trade for a QS that works for GP shift (doesn't matter what brand).

$250 shipped (OBO).

Attachments

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh come on...there's gotta be a standard shift user out there that wants a QS! Don't be shy, make an offer...I'll entertain all reasonable offers.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Rubbish, depending on what rearsets you are running, there might be a way to just flip the shifter dog on the rearset to achieve GP shift with the same QS. I converted my metaltech rearsets to GP shift (stock Ducati OEM QS) by just flipping the shifter dog 180 degrees.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rubbish, depending on what rearsets you are running, there might be a way to just flip the shifter dog on the rearset to achieve GP shift with the same QS. I converted my metaltech rearsets to GP shift (stock Ducati OEM QS) by just flipping the shifter dog 180 degrees.
True. I've seen a few people on here do the same thing. I can't do that with mine...at least not without some machining, which I don't have the capability of doing, and if I paid a machine shop to do it, it would cost me about as much as just buying a QS with a pull sensor instead of a push sensor.

So it just replaces the shift rod?
Yes, the sensor is on the push rod. Most of them are like that.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump...

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
isn't there a box that goes with it or is that everything ?
No, that's the standalone quickshifter. Doesn't need anything. Just put it on and plug it in.

edit: I was going to search online for it and show a pic of one brand new. It's the Q140 part number, but everywhere I look there is a little square module that shows up in the pictures on top of what I have. I'll have to look into that, but this is all I got when I got it from a guy along with a few other parts. I'll check with him again, since I know him personally, but he had it plugged into his Nemesis TC unit, however the master tech from the dealer told me that it should work by just plugging it into the bike's wiring harness. I'd like to hook it up on my bike and try it out but I have no place to test it since it's a track bike and track season's over here.

·
Registered
886 Posts
OK so you have never used it ? It looks like all you have is the switch. From what I see on Bazzaz's website there should be a module, switch, wire harness, instructions .

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK so you have never used it ? It looks like all you have is the switch. From what I see on Bazzaz's website there should be a module, switch, wire harness, instructions .
Ok, I figured out what's going on. So there was a module before, but somewhere along the way, the previous owner switched to Nemesis which has QS capability, so the wire from this QS (seen in the picture) plugged in directly to the Nemesis wiring harness.

So I guess, now I know...you basically either need to have the Bazzaz one, or a Nemesis TCS. That's probably why I got it for a pretty damn good price :eek:. Sorry for the confusion.

I guess if it doesn't sell by beginning of next season, I'll keep it and try to change my shifter or maybe the rear sets to accommodate a "push" sensor rather than a "pull"....unless there's a way to change out just the sensor, not sure if that's easy to do.

I'll give ya $20
Matt...get back to work!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts