1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
886 Posts
looks like just the graphics in your pics. I have the zfi and afm on my 848 evo and it works great. You can manually tune below 3000 rpm too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh im thinkin just the graphics.

how do you find the AFM when you're not stuck on WOT? i've heard it's not great at tuning for part throttle etc. where you're not on throttle for long enough to allow the system to make all the necessary adjustments.

any thoughts? i was considering a dyno tune with the Z-Fi but if the AFM can do 95% of the job, I might go down that path.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there's a pretty significant difference between our Winter and Summer - do you reckon a dyno performed in the middle of Winter could be adjusted ok using the AFM by the middle of Summer? Or would you recommend two dyno maps - one for each, to switch halfway thru the year?

·
Registered
12,892 Posts
There is a function switch you can get to switch between the 2 maps or you can just make one, save it to computer and load it depending on the season.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Your main ecu trims the map based on info from the air temp, water temp and bar sensors so one main map is all you need unless you change fuels.
interesting...

so, should i be looking to set my CO Trimmer on a gas analyser before I get the dyno tune? or is that sort of irrelevant once you run a custom map?

just not sure how aiming the Bazzaz towards a 13.3 AFR afffects the 3.5% CO goal...should i be doing both in tandem or what?

·
Registered
886 Posts
If you go to the bazzaz web site there is a section that has maps form users. 2 of my maps are there, uploaded by forum member I sent them to. I have found on my 2012 848 evo that my 13.5 afr cruise map works great day in and day out. What I did was to adjust to 13.5 afr at less than 20% throttle and under 4500 rpm ( I think that's the set up I used. didn't relook at it for this post) you can set it up to have different afr's for several setting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts