Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the benefits of using VP fuels on a stock engine with air filter and slip on/up map versus regular pump gas?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
What are the benefits of using VP fuels on a stock engine with air filter and slip on/up map versus regular pump gas?
Octane rating is the measurement of antiknock. Basically, how quickly the fuel burns. In high compression motors, street gas can spontaneously combust before the ignition, causing pre detonation. This is why high compression, hotter burning motors, generally use race fuel of some kind or another.

Our street going motorcycles are built to work with 95 RON octane rating which in the US labeling system is as Shazaam said 89 AKI (Antiknock Index).

VP fuels does produce street bike fuels which are lower on the octane scale, which don't have ethanol AND are oxygen enriched. Lots of club racers run these fuels with much success. They can add up-to 5hp in output, but are a bit pricy. Research; U4.4 and Streetblaze 100. Both are around $60 bux for 5 gallons.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
All I know is that my former 748R and SV650 used to LOVE swallowing VP up and it ran alot more responsive and a bit harder guzzling it too! May just all be in my head, but the numbers did improve on a dyno back when I gave a crap about what different mods and stuff did for the bike! :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
what about those new fuels like u4.4 and mr12 they have 10% or more oxigen, they are proven to make more power but they are expensive

1 - 10 of 10 Posts