Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New owner of a 2002 Ducati 916 that I brought for primarily display purposes in my home.

Hoping someone can help me find the best stand that I can use for display. Looking for somehting that has the most stability as this bike will probably only taken out of display once a year for maintenance.

I've tried out a combination of a front wheel chock and the rear stand and wasn't happy with the stability, still a lot of wobble.

I'm thinking of going with the front and rear Pitbull stand for the bike, is this overkill for my use or would that give me the best stability?

Any input is appreicated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats! My .02 is if you don’t mind drilling 4 holes where you plan to display her I’d go with the PitBull TRS. I have them in my trailer and are awesome.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Go custom

If you'd prefer not to drill holes in your floor (I dunno if you have a wood subfloor to deal with or a landlord) I suggest having a custom stand made.

The problem (as I see it) is that all the stands you mention are maintenance stands. They're not meant for people to climb all over the bike while it's on them.

If you consult a good welder, particularly a larger company with serious fabrication tools. Have them water jet you a nice alloy stand and weld it all together.

Have it made with a large flat base, with up rights just tall enough that the rear (or front for that matter) tire to still rest on the floor. Then have a fat pin to go through it all.....you'd have the ultimate display stand.

Such a stand wouldn't allow the bike to do anything but travel on its suspension if someone were to climb on it. Then, when you need to move it, you just unpin the front or rear axle and away you go.

I've built such stands for my trailer. Once any of my bikes are pinned, they don't move at all. Mine are steel though, and they're not pretty. They work though and that's what matters. A prettier alloy version like I described above would be perfect for a living room display.

Imagine the one in this image, upscaled in size and in heavy duty 5/16" thick alloy plate and a base of around 16" X 24" of the same thick alloy plate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a custom made one that mounts through a rubber mat. It is heavy as the base is about 2ft square but the bike sits rock solid on it. It has a rod going through the rear axle which is locked into place in the side slots and held there by the caps. If you're willing to invest some time and money, anything is possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
That's the kinda thing I'm talking about!! Thanks for posting that @Stkcardriver

·
Registered
225 Posts
Fan of pitbull but they are bulky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts