Ducati.org forum banner
121 - 132 of 132 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
I did the shell rotella t6 5w40 fill today. Starts a bit quicker and smoother. almost an immediate hum. As soon as my Blackstone bottle get here I will send a virgin sample out for testing then follow with another at 500 and 1000. By that time I will be due for my 7500 mile maint.

I will log ride conditions, duration and style between samples and post it all up once the report is return.

· Registered
528 Posts
I've been on Ducati.ms since 2006 and if I had a PENNY for every time Tye would make it personal or get in over his head, I'd be rich. I won't discuss the thread that was the reason for his dismissal. It's honestly a shame because he has some great knowledge, but doesn't know when to stop or not make it personal.

As for the which Peanut Butter is better topic, I used Mobil 1 for a long time on my 996 with no issues. With my 848, the dealer filled it with Motul 10/40 (it's a former AMA Supersport bike that they built 6 of) so that's what I continue to use. Besides I LOVE the smell.

· Registered
310 Posts
finally caught a break from the rain today and after changing a fuse relocating the light for my compwerx fender eliminator I got to go for a spirited ride on some flat twisties near my house.

At room temp, 85 degrees, it started easily and had a smooth sound as it warmed to an idle. Once the engine reported a temp some where around 104 it just emanated this great whirring sound. I donned my gear and took off for a hot then later hot and wet ride. One thing I noticed after a few start stops is that I didn't hit any false neutrals and shifting was spot on and found it easy to find neutral when I sought it.

After hitting the back roads I made way for the stop and go traffic again so I could check the shifting. It was all solid and could not for a false neutral to save my life. Engine at red lights I rarely hit over 215 while sitting through the full light cycle.

· Registered
70 Posts
I've been on Ducati.ms since 2006 and if I had a PENNY for every time Tye would make it personal or get in over his head, I'd be rich. I won't discuss the thread that was the reason for his dismissal. It's honestly a shame because he has some great knowledge, but doesn't know when to stop or not make it personal.

This is exactly where the problem is... We had like 19 posts in a row about oil with no mention of Tye - why did you have to dig it back up again????

· Registered
15 Posts
121 - 132 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.