Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for Desmo owners Down Under.

From your experience, where is the best place to take a Desmo for a service -- from the basic stuff right up to taking the engine apart? Esp someone who is factory trained and has worked on the engines and the rest of the bike, knows what they are doing and are friendly and professional.

Especially for the East Coast.

Welcome all suggestions.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Paul Martinello here in Adelaide is factory trained for the Desmosedici but unfortunately not East Coast

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Because Australia is a little larger then most world markets.: perhaps tell us where you are?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve used both Desmo HQ at Byron Bay and V Twins at Coffs Harbour. Arthur at Desmo, and Doc at V Twins both have string reps in The Ducati community, although like most things there are mixed opinions. It is difficult to find a good Ducati mechanic who isn’t too busy to do your work, or charges a bomb.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Justin From Pro Twin is The best in WA

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone. I'm currently in Singapore but originally from Canberra and hoping to relocate post-Covid back to the ACT. I have family Perth and friends in Coffs, too.

I had also heard good things about Pro Twin in Perth and Bunbury Ducati further south.

Ducati + Desmosedici + charging a bomb for everything sadly comes with the territory :))

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pro Twin is the very best we have in Perth, Justin is on his own so you don't have apprentices or knuckleheads touching your bike.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
When did plate tectonics shift Perth to the east coast FFS?
northern hemisphere thing... catch a cab from Sydney to Perth... how far could it be

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's all good. We're all one great country and WA is still part of it -- for now 🤣

1 - 12 of 12 Posts