Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I recently picked up a 2016 HD Low Rider to use as a weekend cruiser while keeping my 821 as an everyday commuter.
New to the Harley world, I found many sites that sell parts substantially cheaper than dealer prices. I have yet to find any discounted sites for my Monster.
Next month I'm planning to do the CRG LS mirrors, Rizoma drag bars/risers/grips and would like to save a couple of bucks if possible.
Anyone know of any discount sites besides EBay or Craigslist?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've been trying to find a good online store as well. I do buy off Revzilla occasionally, but they don't have a great selection of Parts for the bike, so, I'm looing for some other reasonable places.

I'm trying to decide on a Slip-on for the my 821 and I've narrowed it down to Arrow, GPR and Akrapovic.. with Akra being on the higher end. I don't want to spend over $1000 on the Termis. Sure they look and sound great, but $1000+ is a LOT for a slip-on.

I was also looking for rearsets, but, I don't have the technical prowess to replace mine without screwing something up.. lol Because my back/legs tend to ache after long rides.. Maybe the Ducati Gel seat would help with that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been trying to find a good online store as well. I do buy off Revzilla occasionally, but they don't have a great selection of Parts for the bike, so, I'm looing for some other reasonable places.

I'm trying to decide on a Slip-on for the my 821 and I've narrowed it down to Arrow, GPR and Akrapovic.. with Akra being on the higher end. I don't want to spend over $1000 on the Termis. Sure they look and sound great, but $1000+ is a LOT for a slip-on.

I was also looking for rearsets, but, I don't have the technical prowess to replace mine without screwing something up.. lol Because my back/legs tend to ache after long rides.. Maybe the Ducati Gel seat would help with that?

I went with the Termi's. They were pretty pricey for slip-ons but well worth it.
I haven't had any issues with leg or back pains but Rizoma makes some nice sets that are adjustable.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I went with the Termi's. They were pretty pricey for slip-ons but well worth it.
I haven't had any issues with leg or back pains but Rizoma makes some nice sets that are adjustable.
I don't know about the Termis. I mean, do you 'really' get anywhere from $1,000-$1,500 worth of added performance out of them? I was thinking Akrapovic and then with the additional $600+ I save, I could buy several other accessories that would also add to the bikes value. Don't get me wrong, the Termis look and sound nice.. but, it's just really, really hard to justify that you're getting a good value at that price. Pretty much every other slip on in the market offers a comparable weight savings and HP gain at a fraction of the cost. Sure you get that added ride mode.. but... I don't race, nor do I plan to take my bike to the track. So, it's a nice to have, but that's about it. Nobody I've talked to, including techs have been able to solidly prove that they're a better option than any other brand because the Dyno doesn't lie.

Thanks for the advice on the foot pegs though.. I'm thinking that I'll probably get the Rizoma adjustables.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't know about the Termis. I mean, do you 'really' get anywhere from $1,000-$1,500 worth of added performance out of them? I was thinking Akrapovic and then with the additional $600+ I save, I could buy several other accessories that would also add to the bikes value. Don't get me wrong, the Termis look and sound nice.. but, it's just really, really hard to justify that you're getting a good value at that price. Pretty much every other slip on in the market offers a comparable weight savings and HP gain at a fraction of the cost. Sure you get that added ride mode.. but... I don't race, nor do I plan to take my bike to the track. So, it's a nice to have, but that's about it. Nobody I've talked to, including techs have been able to solidly prove that they're a better option than any other brand because the Dyno doesn't lie.

Thanks for the advice on the foot pegs though.. I'm thinking that I'll probably get the Rizoma adjustables.

I understand your predicament motosonic. The termis are quite expensive. However, I have experience some misfires and deadspots on my M821. Putting on the termis and installing upmap for it solved these issue. The downside of the 3rd party aftermarket exhaust is that they dont come with the upmap. You can buy them separately (power commander, rexxer) but you'll close to end up spending the same amount.

This was my justification for my purchase of th Termis. It killed my misfires and deadspot issues on the bike.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I understand your predicament motosonic. The termis are quite expensive. However, I have experience some misfires and deadspots on my M821. Putting on the termis and installing upmap for it solved these issue. The downside of the 3rd party aftermarket exhaust is that they dont come with the upmap. You can buy them separately (power commander, rexxer) but you'll close to end up spending the same amount.

This was my justification for my purchase of th Termis. It killed my misfires and deadspot issues on the bike.
Where did you pick up your Termis if you don't mind me asking? I've seen some on eBay (slip ons) going for under $800 in some cases..

·
Registered
318 Posts
If I could find a set of Termis for under $800, I'd definitely go that route! With the map of course!
I think they were just the slip ons, and not the full system as some may be talking about here..

I picked up a set of Termi slip ons for the 899 and the sound difference was immense. I didn't get the upmap with it but was going to take her to a place here in SoCal that does tuning.

·
Registered
46 Posts
DUCaddict, did the termi's provide better movement on your right foot when you put your toe on the pegs? It should provide more clearance than the stock exhaust.
Hi Draquine, riding position was not imporved by the Termi exhaust. The next upgrade im looking at are rearsets to address the riding position of the 821. I feel thats the only way to improve it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.