Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take that thing off so much I go through o-rings like chips; my local dealer went belly up so need a source to buy a few...2007 1098S

thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Fuel-Rated Quick-Disconnect o-rings (Female)
Viton (Fluorocarbon) o-ring (black)
AS 568 dash # 008, I.D. 3/16 - O.D. 5/16 - width 1/16 Viton

Fuel-Rated Quick-Disconnect o-rings (Male)
AS568A Dash # 011, 7/16 inch O.D. by 5/16 inch I.D. by 1/16inch wide
McMaster-Carr # 9464K16, $8.57 per 100 pack.

http://www.mcmaster.com

There are blade-like (sharp edged) locking mechanisms located on the female fittings (actuated by small tabs) that serve to hold the male fitting in place. If you don't FULLY DEPRESS AND HOLD these actuating tabs while removing or installing the males, the sharp edge will nick the o-rings on the male fitting, and cause a fuel leak. So pay attention to any gas odors.

Also, if the tabs of the locking mechanisms do not return to their full out position, the female fitting can leak when the males are not inserted.

A thin film of dielectric grease on the o-ring and fitting will help it slide in/out easier and help prevent nicks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fuel-Rated Quick-Disconnect o-rings (Female)
AS 568 dash # 008, I.D. 3/16 - O.D. 5/16 - width 1/16 Viton

Fuel-Rated Quick-Disconnect o-rings (Male)
AS568A Dash # 011, 7/16 inch O.D. by 5/16 inch I.D. by 1/16inch wide
McMaster-Carr # 9464K16, $8.57 per 100 pack.

McMaster-Carr

There are blade-like (sharp edged) locking mechanisms located on the female fittings (actuated by small tabs) that serve to hold the male fitting in place. If you don't FULLY DEPRESS AND HOLD these actuating tabs while removing or installing the males, the sharp edge will nick the o-rings on the male fitting, and cause a fuel leak. So pay attention to any gas odors.

Also, if the tabs of the locking mechanisms do not return to their full out position, the female fitting can leak when the males are not inserted.

A thin film of dielectric grease on the o-ring and fitting will help it slide in/out easier and help prevent nicks.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but what do you mean by female and male? I know there are 4 o-rings on the fuel lines that would be male (#22 and #23 in the image), but are there o-rings up in the fuel pump housing where these connectors are inserted too (female)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts