Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Any good thoughts on places to get great photos from a general admission ticket around the track? I'm planning on wandering around during the race. Would appreciate some ideas thanks.
I'll take a 100-400 lens with me.

Cheers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
As they exit from Siberia, over at the back of the track, if you get a position on the fence (not that hard to do, and on a Gen. Admission ticket) you are very close to the action.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I would suggest between 11 and 12 you should get some decent pics .

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Yes unfortunately you stand a better chance of getting decent shots at the slower parts of the circuit.

Like over the top of Lukey Heights and through MG.

Siberia is good because you get a chance to line them up as they are coming towards you through the corner.

Closeness to the track and catching them coming towards you, at slower speeds, makes it easier for the photographer.

Make sure you post up your best shots.

I've got a great collection of shots of an empty track, or of a back wheel going out of view..

:eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
As others have said Lukey and Siberia would be the best spots but you can get good shots almost all over the track.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like near the hay shed you get them coming and going your not far from the track either.
I couldn't find hay shed on a map, but I am guessing you mean around turn 8? If so I agree. Thats' where I was last time and it was a good spot.

Thanks for the input gents. I will pick up a few of these with a wander around on the day.
Enjoy the race.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts