Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi what are the best road tyres dry weather use.i have the pirelli diablo supercorser tyres on my bike.is there a better tyre i persume their standard issue for ducati 1198s.

·
Registered
979 Posts
personal preference but Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa V2
super sticky but your only gonna get 3-4k miles on them lol

-Carbon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply carbon,i will buy them next time I need tyres the more grip the better I can deal with the short tyre life.warm weather use only so cost isn't a problem.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I'm a Pirelli guy when it comes to street tires because they make such a wonderful assortment of quick warming tires with excellent grip. However, if you want longevity, may try the Dunlop Q3.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Trying out the Bridgestone RS10s on my Pani right now. Liking them so far. Over $100 cheaper too.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Next set of street tires I need will be Dunlop Q3's. They have amazing grip. Last race season I was in a jam and had to run an entire weekend on whatever I could get on short notice. That tire was the Q3's. I raced 5 races and an entire practice day beforehand on them. I was amazed at the grip and feel.

My race tires are Pirelli and my current street tires are also Pirelli, but when those are worn,it's gonna be Dunlop Q3's no doubt.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Supercorsa SP and Dunlop Q3 are good enough to run around the track so why would you ever need more for the street. I now run Q3s as Pirellis cost about $600 in outback Sydney, Aust

·
Registered
457 Posts
Next set of street tires I need will be Dunlop Q3's. They have amazing grip. Last race season I was in a jam and had to run an entire weekend on whatever I could get on short notice. That tire was the Q3's. I raced 5 races and an entire practice day beforehand on them. I was amazed at the grip and feel.

My race tires are Pirelli and my current street tires are also Pirelli, but when those are worn,it's gonna be Dunlop Q3's no doubt.

What bike were you on?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi what are the best road tyres dry weather use.i have the pirelli diablo supercorser tyres on my bike.is there a better tyre i persume their standard issue for ducati 1198s.
Very interesting. I had just logged on to add a post of my own, commenting on a tire I've recently "experienced" , but I'll just tag on to yours.
I just bought a new R1, and have put nearly 900 miles on it. A lot of that has been some nice twisty roads here in Colorado. I am GREATLY impressed with the Bridgestone RS10's that came on the bike (good choice Yamaha). My favorite tire up to now has been the Supercorsa SP's (my Ducati and my Daytona 675). I may now favor the RS10's for being equally good at a more reasonable price.

·
Registered
125 Posts
D364

If you know what that is..you are doing alright!!

:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Youre an old guy, huh?

Me too ;)
Indeed..Early 40s here..but I do remember thinking, back in 1993, during my first race weekend .."What is this old dude doing on the grid"..That guy ended up becoming a good friend of mine and was only 45 at the time..

Several years later..I am that old guy now.. I bet "kids" will think the same thing next time I line up on the grid..

its all good though.. Love this sport and the people involved in it..(minus the squids..sorry guys, you give ALL of us a bad name..please leave this sport and stop riding related machines)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Typically if I see an older dude at track days, their bikes are insane and their skills match it! I hope I'm riding when I'm in my 40's!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts