Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I washed her a couple of week ago then straight back into the garage and haven't ridden since,I went to go out today and As I said in the title she keeps stalling as soon as it gets into gear,idles in neutral fine but the clutch rattle sound a little different.Anybody have any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok so I washed her a couple of week ago then straight back into the garage and haven't ridden since,I went to go out today and As I said in the title she keeps stalling as soon as it gets into gear,idles in neutral fine but the clutch rattle sound a little different.Anybody have any ideas?:confused:
Sounds like the clutch, try bleeding it.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Same as Bob says, if you have a closed cover with gasket, then Bleed as Com says.

If you do have an open cover, pull the cover, pressure plate etc, remove each plate, clean the steels remove the rust & lightly lube each steel with white lithium spray grease wiping most off but not all, if you over do it it may slip, but you would have to go crazy with it.
Then reassemble once all cleaned and lubed.

I do this every 3 months or as required to avoid the grabby graunchying noise they can make when hot and dry.

Craig

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aussie bob wins the cigar...i pulled all the plates out and the last 4 were stuck together dropped them on the flat ground a few times to get them seperated back together and all good

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
^ NO WAY A-Bob coulda been right!.... Musta been a lucky guess, or communion with a higher power in California!... I'm going with luck, cause he is a Southern Hemispherian.... just sayin.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.