Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man do I feel relieved! Last night I went to the local bike night here in Dallas. After hanging out a while and talking to those that had questions, I left just to head to the house but not with out running into some action from an 07' Gixxer 1k. I'm impressed w/ the 1098. Very impressed.
We had two highway runs into the deep 150's mph and I put the Gixxer behind me both times. Was it luck? I hope not.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not out run him like it was a Buell blast, but being in front is what it is right? Maybe he was not in it..or may be he was lazy on the throttle.. or just maybe the 1098 is as fast as all the other liter bikes?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dibs said:
I did not out run him like it was a Buell blast, but being in front is what it is right? Maybe he was not in it..or may be he was lazy on the throttle.. or just maybe the 1098 is as fast as all the other liter bikes?
That's good to hear, in my whopping 25 miles, it's felt like it was not as fast as my ZX-10. I was hoping it was just a combination of break-in required and a false perception on my part.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I went from my 1098 onto my R1...the R1 still feels like it's a lot faster. But I'm guessing it's cause I'm more comfortable on the Yammy right now. After some time on the Duc I'm sure it'll start feeling just as fast.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Someone should have PMed me! I would have come out! I live in Irving! I have yet to see an Agusta or a 1098 on the road...wait I saw an Agusta Senna 750 back in CA by the Tahoe area once.....but that doesnt count! Cause it went by too fast!

G

·
I went from my 1098 onto my R1...the R1 still feels like it's a lot faster. But I'm guessing it's cause I'm more comfortable on the Yammy right now. After some time on the Duc I'm sure it'll start feeling just as fast.
What rev range are you riding in, mine is a ballistic missile around 7500-8000rpm.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
suryad said:
Someone should have PMed me! I would have come out! I live in Irving! I have yet to see an Agusta or a 1098 on the road...wait I saw an Agusta Senna 750 back in CA by the Tahoe area once.....but that doesnt count! Cause it went by too fast!
Suryad, I PMed you the info for next week.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
slob said:
What rev range are you riding in, mine is a ballistic missile around 7500-8000rpm.
Speaking of ballistic, does anyone know how to set the shift light? I don't like the idea of it coming on as the rev-limiter is hitting!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dibs said:
Speaking of ballistic, does anyone know how to set the shift light? I don't like the idea of it coming on as the rev-limiter is hitting!!
I tried and have no clue. My dealer went through his manual on CD and could no find anything either.

Let me know if you find out how to set it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ronr said:
Also interested in bike night, whereabouts is it? What kind of crowd?
There are two; One on Tuesday night at Bluegoose in Addison and the other on Thursday nights in Garland at the Sonic on Northwest Hwy & I635. Tuesday in Addison is a smaller crowd (around 30-60 bikes depending on weather) and you will see more of an older (30+) group of riders. Good mix of bikes; Italian, German & Japanese. Thursday, at the Sonic in Garland usually turns out 150+++ mostly Gixxers, Busa's, R1's etc. You are very likely to see stunting up going on and after 10pm people start to split into their group and go for a ride. Pretty cool time at both places. PM me for directions to both if you need them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts