Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ride my 2012 848 evo as often as i should but i always have the tender on it. so when i tried to start it about a week ago .. it wasnt turning and the lcd screen was flashing "ecu "along with the a couple of symbols below ... so eventually the bike just died ...i thought it was battery but it did the same thing once i left the tender over night ...could it be the battery itself or could it be more im take it friday to the dealership but just kinda at a lost thanks

:kaioken:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thtats the thing it doesnt even let me charge the battery with the pigtail so i tried to check the voltage with a meter but the damn batter doesnt work with that so i cant check the battery itself ... so im thinking its just the battery but not sure

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I'd first pull the battery and get a charge in it. Then put it back in the bike and see what happens, before going too far with diagnosis. The OEM batteries are absolute garbage, not worth a penny. I highly, highly, highly suggest buying a BETTER battery.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i took the battery to an auto parts and when they checked the voltage they advised me the battery was dead. so tomo ill be getting a battery hopefully it works

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Don't buy an OEM battery. Buy a lithium battery from one of the big guys like AntiGravity. They're a lot lighter AND have much higher cranking amps per physical size. More money for sure, but well worth the long-term investment. Plus, they won't leak or drain voltage if unused like the OEM batteries do.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't buy an OEM battery. Buy a lithium battery from one of the big guys like AntiGravity. They're a lot lighter AND have much higher cranking amps per physical size. More money for sure, but well worth the long-term investment. Plus, they won't leak or drain voltage if unused like the OEM batteries do.
I second this suggestion. I switched over to the shorai Li-on battery and bike fires on 2nd or 3rd turn of the engine every time now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it was the battery but it was a little to lte to see your guys posting but ima buy a back up litho battery i just kinda wanted my bike up ad running
it was just the battery fyi

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
am i paranoid now but does the oil light suppose to come on when you turn the bike on ... then it goes off after you start the bike ?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
am i paranoid now but does the oil light suppose to come on when you turn the bike on ... then it goes off after you start the bike ?
Yes, this is normal.

The red oil light will display when the ignition is turned on.

The oil light should extinguish one or two seconds after your bike starts. It will also extinguish while the bike is cranking over. If your bike does not fire up, then the oil light will come back on within a second or so.

If the oil light comes on whilst you are riding, then you have a problem. Turn off the motor immediately and come back to this forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts