Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a guy wanting to buy a bike off mine on bike sales but wants to pay PayPal . I think this is a scam how does this work ?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I paid for mine with PayPal and did it to get point in my visa plus extra insurance as I was buying it sight unseen.

Ask for a copy of his drivers license and make sure the address matches and is confirmed on PayPal. All email communication should be from the email address attached to PayPal.

If shipping it, ship to the PayPal confirmed address.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Paypal is very safe. They have certain rules to cover both parties in the transaction. For the buyer, all he has to do is pay and is covered by buyer protection. For the seller, follow their rules of shipping and you're covered with their insurance. ALWAYS ship to the Paypal verified address.

For selling, I always take pictures of the item to show what it is as well as any marks on it or it's perfection. I had a fellow buy a pair of BST's off me, gets his local shop to install tires that same day and the shop tears a bead off the rim. He starts a Paypal dispute but I had pictures showing the wheel was in perfect condition during packaging. Tries to say FedEx did it but the box is in perfect condition. Paypal told him it was self damaged and he was up shit creek.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Bank transfer is good. It's non-disputable so if for any reason the fellow decides it's not what he wanted, there' no turning back for him. Highly recommend it. Be sure the fees are in line with Paypal.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
As long as he doesn't offer to send you a cheque for $1,000,000 as long as you agree to give him back $10,000 for Dave in Uganda, you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Actually PayPal is one of the very best forms of transaction my man!

Also, you have ability to dispute anything officially using this method and Id personally use PayPal over any other means of wire transfers by far. If it can't be done with cash Id vote for PayPal anyway of the week my friend. GLWS too!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have heard a lot of these scams actually fund the Lesbian movement. Apparently, if same-sex marriage is legal then women will marry other women and have children with men by pretending they are using birth control when they are not. Entrapped men become economically-conscripted third parties to these marriages. Good heterosexual couples will be left economically disadvantaged because they will be taxed to support the lesbian couples.
Gay men will have it the worst of all as they will be tricked into having sex with lesbians through reproductive entrapment, fathering their kids, and then paying child support to support them.

Since gay men and lesbian women will be having a bunch of kids, schools will be aggressively promoting lifestyles that kill or disable straight children and infect innocent women and babies with HIV, :ahhh:not to mention an increase in violent crime.

Just sayin! Be CAREFUL man :D!

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone . I actually sold one of the bikes to a real human with a real voice and real money today .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts