Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get bike out of the chock after a track day. Bike sat for around 25-30 minutes prior to loading for the trip home.

Any suggestions on possible issues with the bike or choke. I want to ride today and this is putting a damper on my weekend :blind:.

If this helps; the chock is a condor trailer chock.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Usually you may just need to rock it side to side and maybe have someone put their foot on the chock.

It just needs a bit of general persuasion.

Reactions: Ducless

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually you may just need to rock it side to side and maybe have someone put their foot on the chock.

It just needs a bit of general persuasion.
Used a little/lot more muscle and got it out. Always been super easy in the past. Might need a little WD40.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Used a little/lot more muscle and got it out. Always been super easy in the past. Might need a little WD40.
I would not recommend that, because then you'll have WD40 on your tire...first ride after you get it out...crash!

This happens all the time with mine because the tires are so hot and sticky. I usually just rock it side to side to sort of break it loose. If the wheel chock is bolted down, it's pretty easy. If it's not, then it becomes more of a pain in the ass. I've had to put my foot on the chock, pull the bike back and the chock was stuck to the wheel and rolled back a bit. And then when it was almost vertical, I kicked the chock off the wheel.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I would not recommend that, because then you'll have WD40 on your tire...first ride after you get it out...crash!

This happens all the time with mine because the tires are so hot and sticky. I usually just rock it side to side to sort of break it loose. If the wheel chock is bolted down, it's pretty easy. If it's not, then it becomes more of a pain in the ass. I've had to put my foot on the chock, pull the bike back and the chock was stuck to the wheel and rolled back a bit. And then when it was almost vertical, I kicked the chock off the wheel.

This. Happens to me all the time. Rock it did e to side then put a foot in the chock while you pull.

Do not let air out, that gives the tire more surface area to grip the chock

·
Registered
'12 848evo, '13 Hypermotard SP, '94 CBR600f2 track bike, '06 CBR600rr track bike
909 Posts
let tire cool before loading ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Since we are on topic...

My rear tire seems to be flat.

Yeah -that's right I ave this weird flat spot on the bottom.

Like the tire is missing air at the bottom or something...

Can you help?:stickpoke

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Hmm doesn't make sense to me, but ok then, by that logic, add more air and it should slide right out! :eek:/

Less air means the tire has less pressure to hold its shape and allows it to conform to the chock. Think about it: flat tires spread out and have a wider contact patch with the ground than fully inflated tires.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine always gets stuck in the rocker type chocks after being at the track. It's a pain, requires steady firm pressure and it releases.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts