Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some expert opinions... I am looking to purchase a 2005 999s with roughly 4500 miles. It is located about 4 hours from my house so I have not seen it in person yet. I have been in contact with the owner and he has sent me numerous pics and videos. (Absolutly beautiful bike.) I was planning to drive out there with a trailer next week to take a look at the bike and probably purchase it. After reserching the bike a bit something really stuck out and seemed odd about the bike. It is Black with a Red Frame. Looks awesome but as far as I can tell, they didn't make that color combo that year?? Does anyone know any different?? He is the second owner and claims that was the way the bike came. What worries me is that when a bike only has 4500 miles on it and it has different plastics on it... it usually means one thing.... It was wrecked at one time. From the pics the bike looks perfect?? My second question is.... I have th VIN #. Has anyone used any of the "VIN Lookup" websites??? (CarFax?) It is a waste of money?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Where is the bike? Maybe a nearby member may be willing to take a look at it for you.

·
Registered
581 Posts
A different frame doesn't necessarily mean it was wrecked. I along with others have custom powder coated frames. I agree see if there is a member near by that will take a look at it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts