Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I bled the clutch and front brake no problems recently but the rear has me a bit baffled. I've vacuum flushed the reservoir and calliper but I think the master cylinder needs bleeding too, there's no bleed nipple on it though. If I undo the nut above the banjo bolt where can I expect the fluid to leak from exactly? Will it run down the outside of the MC?

I couldn't find the info I wanted in a search. I did try :)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
You have to take the caliper off and turn it upside down, the bleed it.
100% agree or you can turn your bike upside down to bleed the brake LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Before you flip your bike up side down, pump the brake pedal.
This can be done with a MityVac without removing the caliper.

Another trick: When you are done hang a ten pound weight from the pedal over night.
The rear brakes will be amazing after that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just rotated the calliper so bleed nipple was uppermost and held it up as high as possible, the hose routing makes that a bit limited but it seems a little better. Does it only need to be higher that the master cylinder?

I'm using a vacuum pump btw. Makes things simple for a spannering noob like me. Getting the hang of it though. Thanks for the help and advice.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ok, sounds like I've done enough then. I'm using fluid that I've opened 4 -5 days ago, (500ml) which I kept a tight lid on and inside a ziplock bag... Indoors. Is this ok? Im assuming that whatever i flushed out of brake system will have more water in it? After this it's going in the bin.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's how I do it. I hang it up and rotate the caliper.
I also tapping the system with a little spanner (or whats in reach ;-), starting at the pump, up the line to caliper, to help the bubbles finding their way out.
It's just a pain bleeding the rear ... imo.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.