Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Kaleb De Keyrel during a testing session at Jennings...not familiar with the track, but evidently it's Turn 1. Let's see a picture of you from Turn 1 for comparison :p :D

Instagram

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Not turn one..trees are too close. Let me see.......Jennings.....

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Here is my Jennings picture turn 11/12, when I first got my 1098R.... notice my arms are much shorter!!!!!!!!! Lean angle about the same?????...just sayin....

Motorcycle racer Motorcycle helmet Superbike racing Grand prix motorcycle racing Road racing

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, yeah lean angle is about the same I'll give you that. But he makes his lean look cool with the elbow on the ground and the head only a foot off the ground! :D

You look more like the GP 500 guys from 20-30 years ago. I guess you just haven't kept up with the times and riding styles :p

Reactions: 219R

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course Kaleb's elbow dragging is was not necessary considering the lean angle...he's just hanging off the bike like a monkey off a tree branch, but hey...still looks pretty cool, and I can't do it so I'm jealous! :eek:

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Definitely old school... no plans to change for the cameras. Hell, I was shocked to get my knee sliders on the asphalt...Kinda scared me

Reactions: ANORXIC'51

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't blame you. By the way, are you planning on racing with any org other than AHRMA this year? Any plans for going to any new distant tracks?

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
I don't blame you. By the way, are you planning on racing with any org other than AHRMA this year? Any plans for going to any new distant tracks?
just AHRMA.. so far...
Roebling
NOLA
RA
Gratten
New Jersey
Barber
Daytona

Might try a CCS race or two... depends on how things go.
Come race with me!!!!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you go to RA for a 2nd time this year during the CCS weekend, I may be persuaded to race there. I think there's a good chance I might go there yet again during that weekend (4th of july weekend) and a buddy of mine that I've gone there with before said he wants to do a couple of races this time, and I'm a sucker for peer pressure, so if I go I will most likely do it as well.

I don't see myself going that far east to any of those tracks. Barber is still on the list, but so far I haven't been able to find anyone to go with and I'm not making that 14-hour drive by myself. Grattan sounds appealing too though, depending what weekend it is. My best friend lives nearby in Grand Rapids, so it would make it an excuse to see him as well....hmmm...I'll keep that in mind.

·
Registered
6,932 Posts
Sounds like RA or Gratten. AHRMA RA is June 7...Gratten is the week after. So I am planning on two weeks up north.. I haven't been to Gratten in decades so it will be like new....last time I was there I crashed... so time to put that behind!!!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RA in june will most likely not work well for me. Plus if I will go to RA again, it will surely be during the CCS event just because that works great with my schedule (our company is on shut down during that week, so I have to take vacation then anyway...might as well go somewhere rather than waste it). Grattan in mid-June...it's a possibility. My friend who lives nearby in that area is actually getting married 2 weekends before that, and I'm officiating the wedding! So if he won't be back from the honeymoon before that I wouldn't get to see him....but those are all details :p...I'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a pic on the DSLR of Kakeb with this elbow on the deck thru T13 at BIR's short course. Funny pretty much seeing him and Pat at the same bike lean, but Pat has a more traditional bp style, whereas Kaleb is still young(er) and more flexible, lol.
Nice! Yeah, but judging from what I've seen, Kaleb is also faster so I guess all of that is working out for him :)

Is T13, the right-hander after the bridge, where they put a bunch of cones down to sort of re-shape the apex? If that's the one I'm thinking of, that's a pretty good turn for that...I could totally see him do that. When I was there, I gave the photographer a thumbs up with my left hand mid-turn while dragging a knee in that turn, but unfortunately he didn't snap a pic in that moment :(....Pat has one exactly like that though!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep. T13 is off-camber, so elbow down is definitely easier to go for there. I'm looking at the curbing of High Plains......hoping Nick (our photographer) comes out to CO for that weekend. :)
You going to that for sure?? I might see you there then if I can get someone to go with. I really want to go and the ZARS event is more appealing because it's on Sat-Sun, whereas the typical bike track days there are on non-weekend days from what I've been told.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
You going to that for sure?? I might see you there then if I can get someone to go with. I really want to go and the ZARS event is more appealing because it's on Sat-Sun, whereas the typical bike track days there are on non-weekend days from what I've been told.
Totally forgot to check back on the thread!

Yep, I'll be at High Plains. Couldn't miss our org giving a different track a try. She originally had High Plains, Mid-Ohio, Barber, and Jennings as the option and HPR ended up winning out due to available track scheduling, mileage, and rental fees.
It should be a pretty fun weekend. She's marketing it out there as well with the help of CO's sportbike track/MWR community. So there should be quite a few locals to help show us how it's done there. Not much in the way of recent YouTube onboard vids to study. :-(

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Totally forgot to check back on the thread!

Yep, I'll be at High Plains. Couldn't miss our org giving a different track a try. She originally had High Plains, Mid-Ohio, Barber, and Jennings as the option and HPR ended up winning out due to available track scheduling, mileage, and rental fees.
It should be a pretty fun weekend. She's marketing it out there as well with the help of CO's sportbike track/MWR community. So there should be quite a few locals to help show us how it's done there. Not much in the way of recent YouTube onboard vids to study. :-(
It's a long way for all you MN people, but Jennings and Barber would've been way longer anyway. I've watched some videos from HPR not too long ago, which is what sparked an even more interest to go there. Of course some of our local track day guys have been there and everyone said it's an awesome track. I think it's also been resurfaced in the last few years...it looked in pretty good shape in the videos. Most of what I found was from MRA races (MRA is a racing series local to Colorado, they race at HPR and a couple of other tracks there).

Reactions: ANORXIC'51
1 - 20 of 35 Posts