Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An unfortunate accident left me with a crack in my nose fairing 09' 1198 pearl. Replacement part OEM is $730.23 at all the dealers checked....looking at aftermarket....someone plz tell me the 7 bills is worth it, as I just love this bike. This part oem is the matching color, anyone know if it comes with the decals?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Probably will come with decals. Dunno where you're buying from though so that could make a difference. Personally I don't think that's worth it. Look for a used part here maybe. Or get it fixed. Would be cheaper. You could also get a full aftermarket set for that price...

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
+2 .. most likely will have decals if its an OEM Ducati replacement part.

The OEM price tag might buy you piece of mind regarding color match & fitment.

Check the used parts forums, eBay, and craigslist before pulling the trigger on a new purchase though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
You need to have patience and look used. You can find the left/right mid panels for I'd say $200-$300 in mint or excellent condition. I personally sold my 1098S entire plastics (nose, tail, solo cowl, left right mid and lower fairings) and total, I think adding each up I only got about $800 or so for everything.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've bought Chinese plastic sets off ebay a few times for my bike.. Although not absolutely perfect you can get a new set custompainted for $500 its hard to beat that.. It's very close to oem colors and its nice having extra panels around just in case. Used is also nice to find.. But its getting harder and harder to find undamaged used plastics.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Sharskinz, are the absolute best aftermarket fairings (IMHO of course ) which are the easiest to paint, repair, and paint over again many times !
The set I had for my 748R was painted 3 different times and then transferred and outfitted to my SV650 with a sweet American Flag paint job which the new owner still has!

All of the paintwork noted above can be found here under my section of the painters website (Connecticut Cycle Refinishing - CCR)

Custom Motorcycle Paint | Connecticut Cycle Refinishing

·
Registered
20,365 Posts
I've bought Chinese plastic sets off ebay a few times for my bike.. Although not absolutely perfect you can get a new set custompainted for $500 its hard to beat that.. It's very close to oem colors and its nice having extra panels around just in case. Used is also nice to find.. But its getting harder and harder to find undamaged used plastics.
I bought a set of fairings for my 1098 from a company called ULTRASUPPLIER on Amazon this year. the fit was pretty good, the finish is a little rough, but I will never ever buy from these greasy pricks again! They first took over 6 weeks to deliver the fairings, there were several tabs broken on the head fairing, and on both the upper and lower fairings on the left side, and they mixed up all the graphics. The head fairing had black graphics, the upper side had red ones, the tail was missing all the graphics, and the left lower fairing graphics were an inch larger then the right side fairings. When I contacted them they tried to convince me to take a 20 dollar refund instead of replacing the parts. After a week of emails they finally let up and sent me replacement parts. It took them another month to get the replacement parts to me, and they sent more broken parts, but this time with 848 graphics. I finally demanded a full refund, they demanded that I send both shipments, (the original and replacement parts) in the original boxes BUT I was responsible for the shipping! I ended up contacting Amazon who were of course no help!

I recently put up a review of there fairings on Amazon, when I did they had no other reviews, then a week later they suddenly had over a hundred reviews. They obiviously faked a bunch of reviews to bury mine. These guys are complete sleeze bags If you are going to buy after market fairings I would avoid these scumbags!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts