Registered
5,728 Posts
Yeah Now!!!.. Good choice!!!

Reactions: jwm2k3

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im gonna do this 1st trackday as a shakedown...then the bike will have new belts, valves checked and adjusted. Im betting a lot of the day will be suspension tweaking and just learning the bike. Havent thought about colors yet lol....(maybe Corse scheme lol)

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Check out the DucShop 848 Ducati that Jake Zemke raced,... nice color scheme. Corse look....
Scott does the painting foe the Ducshop Bikes.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Im gonna do this 1st trackday as a shakedown...then the bike will have new belts, valves checked and adjusted. Im betting a lot of the day will be suspension tweaking and just learning the bike. Havent thought about colors yet lol....(maybe Corse scheme lol)
with 13k miles on it, you reckon its wise to hit the track before at least inspecting the belts? or have you already checked them? sorry if i've missed that in one of your other threads!

·
Court Jester
11,817 Posts
with 13k miles on it, you reckon its wise to hit the track before at least inspecting the belts? or have you already checked them? sorry if i've missed that in one of your other threads!

+5000000 take the hour to pull the covers!

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Also the tank is showing signs of expansion, lots of expansion. Paint bubbles and a few paint cracks too. It will be replaced under warranty, the claim has already been made. New tank will be caswell coated before it ever sees gasoline. I took this bike out today for about 6 miles, Id never ridden it before lol. It feels good, strong brakes, engine and gearbox are great, nimble handeling. This 848 and I will be making love very soon, we are gonna dance well together I think :)
Since you're going to be building an actual race bike, can I make a recommendation in relationship to the fuel cell? I've personally never been a fan of those stock tanks. Having seen one too many crack during a crash and spill fuel all over the place, it maybe a wise idea to take the new tank you get from Ducati and sell it.

I highly recommend buying a carbon kevlar tank like the ETI fuel cell. Not only are they pretty much bullet proof, but they can take crashing much better. Plus, they're roughly 5lb lighter then the stock tank, which is super nice for a racer. The 848 is still a very heavy motorcycle for its displacement (400lb dry) so, every place you can save weight, is nice. ;)

Ohh and don't forget about a slipper clutch. :)

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So just got home from my 1st trackday with the bike.....

Overall awesome. I was way more confident than I've been in a whole bunch of trackdays...

Front brakes need attention, throttle response is shit with stock ECU and stock pipes.

Dunlop Q3's with tire warmers are amazing.

I'm very thankful for the Ohlins shock sprung for my weight!

Belt change and valve adjust is next before it's ridden again.

Quite happy!!

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Overall awesome. I was way more confident than I've been in a whole bunch of trackdays…
Thats how I felt as well, going from a ratted out 748 to a stock 848.

Front brakes need attention, throttle response is shit with stock ECU and stock pipes.
I responded to your thread about the brakes. Trust me, the kit I recommend is what you should go with. If you make the phone call and tell them a good story about your racing, they will help you out.

Yea, once ya get a pipe on it and put a decent ECU in there you can tune, the bike will come alive for sure! Its a deceivingly quick bike in the right hands.

Glad you're happy so far!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts