Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!!
I bought my 1st ever Ducati this week, a 2010 1198 with 6000 k's on it.
I had never riden a Ducati before...
At first i had the "what have i done" thoughts going through my mind (previous jap bike rider)
But as i got familiar with it, learned it, and started to get comfortable.... i now really appreciate what the "Ducati" experience is all about!
The handling, the brakes, the quality, OHHH AND THAT ENGINE!!
Hurry up weekend i wanna go for a long ride!:yo:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Glad you got a superbike instead of a Panigale, it's an experience you won't regret. :)

Reactions: Tom1198

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Glad you got a superbike instead of a Panigale, it's an experience you won't regret. :)
Consider the source,......... a troll comment!

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Nikitas, welcome! You chose an excellent motorcycle! Good luck, have fun, ride safe, wear all the protective gear!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bravo on buying a great superbike!

For the money, there is no comparison, the 1198(s) including the 1098R/1198R are better values than any 1199. Even at even $, the Panigale is underpowered except at redline and in the twisties has yet to ever keep up with my 1098R.

Most are drinking the cool-aid, and think new is better, and bravo to the Ducati marketing team for getting the early adopters to buy the 1199. However, most of those early adopters are now unhappy with their 1199. Just go ducati1199.com to read their concerns.

The truth is, nothing matters until you demo the bike your self and for me the Panigale seemed plastic, underpowered, too hot and not stable at speed in the twisties.

For me the Ducati 1198S & 1198R are the best looking and best handling Ducatis ever made.

But for the record, when I am not lusting for a LaFerrari, images of the Ducati Superleggera are dancing in my head :)

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
^^^ Yep, I also have a 1098R... GR8 Ducati... and I would not sell to buy a PanigaliR (I can't afford two race bikes) ... But we are owning/talking about an R, a forty thousand dollar Ducati (list price when new, a WSBK homologation model).... to compare apples and apples we would be in the same league as the Panigali SL, which I am willing to say is a bump I would be willing to take!!! I have seen the Panigali SL up close and personal @/on the race track... and it is fantastic!!! :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Bravo on buying a great superbike!

For the money, there is no comparison, the 1198(s) including the 1098R/1198R are better values than any 1199. Even at even $, the Panigale is underpowered except at redline and in the twisties has yet to ever keep up with my 1098R.

Most are drinking the cool-aid, and think new is better, and bravo to the Ducati marketing team for getting the early adopters to buy the 1199. However, most of those early adopters are now unhappy with their 1199. Just go ducati1199.com to read their concerns.

The truth is, nothing matters until you demo the bike your self and for me the Panigale seemed plastic, underpowered, too hot and not stable at speed in the twisties.

*For me the Ducati 1198S & 1198R are the best looking and best handling Ducatis ever made*.

But for the record, when I am not lusting for a LaFerrari, images of the Ducati Superleggera are dancing in my head :)
If what you say is true about the best handling Ducati ever then why are we modifying out rake and rear linkage? I don't know about the 1198R but for the S and any other 1x98 it sucks when the bike is being pushed to its limits. I have ridden the Panigale on the track and comparing both bikes the Panigale sure did improve compare to the previous years. Panigale still looks better and slimmer and I thought the 1x98 were already slim. Like what 219 is saying you have to compare apples to apples. I'll probably still outride your 1098R in any twisties with my Aprilia RS250.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
If what you say is true about the best handling Ducati ever then why are we modifying out rake and rear linkage? I don't know about the 1198R but for the S and any other 1x98 it sucks when the bike is being pushed to its limits. I have ridden the Panigale on the track and comparing both bikes the Panigale sure did improve compare to the previous years. Panigale still looks better and slimmer and I thought the 1x98 were already slim. Like what 219 is saying you have to compare apples to apples. I'll probably still outride your 1098R in any twisties with my Aprilia RS250.
Just ignore it . They are words of a squid with absolutely no idea ..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow this thread quickly got away from welcoming a new Ducati rider, welcome Nikitas, enjoy your bike its a great choice. I too recently joined the world of Ducati with my 1098 Tri, its awesome and I couldn't be happier. Safe Riding

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the welcome, i have been out riding all weekend, and cant seem to get the smile of my face! Such a machine!!
We are all entitled to an opinion.. 1198/1199.. in the end we all just love our Bikes and being out on the road riding em :)
Ride Safe!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.