Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be replacing that weeping brake line today. I am also going to be installing speed Bleeders

Since the cycle cat risers use the Brembo GP relocated reservoirs and not the bleeder in the reservoir setup, I assume brake bleeding will go as normal right?

I will bleed the master first, then the left caliper and finish up with the right.

Some threads I have read indicate that master cylinder bleeding with the Brembo/cyclecat is still an issue.

Is this right? I am sure some air will get in the system when I change the hose from the master to the reservoir.

But with my luck anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

I also got a speed bleeder for the clutch side. Do you bleed these the same? That being master then clutch slave.

Thanks in advance all.:conveyer:

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
There is no difference, bleeding is bleeding.

The whole point of bleeding is remove air bubbles trapped in the hydraulic line. Air bubbles rise, they don't go down. So the key here is to push the air bubbles into the system so they come out the master cylinder. If you're replacing the hydraulic line, you will need to suck fluid into the line (through the slave cylinder) using a fluid evacuator of some kind. Then its much easier to bleed using the method you described above.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As expected Nothing in or out of master

:mad:All went smooth except for the master cylinder.
A began by installing the Speed Bleeders. That was easy.

I then kept the top on the reservoir and replaced the hose from the Res to the master cylinder losing a minimal amount of fluid

I then cracked open the bleeder at the master cylinder and tried to bleed. Could not get any fluid to come out. One of the advantages to using clear tubing now, is that I can see any air in the line. Well there was a sizeable bubble in the line. I am using the bleeder bag and line from Speed Bleeder. After many pumps and manipulating the hose I was able to get the big bubble to the reservoir and I believe out of the system at that point. But I never got any fluid out of the master cylinder.

I then went to the right caliper and the speed bleeder worked as promised there. I then went tot he right caliper and all went well there.

I then tried to bleed the master again but no fluid came out again. I have a decent lever at this point but think it could be better.

I then pulled out my trusty reverse brake bleeder and attempted to force fluid into the master cylinder bleed screw. No fluid will go in at this location either

This is strange. No chance the cyclecat kit has a one way bleeder huh?

My last resort is going to getting out my MightVac and see if I can bleed like that.

CLUTCH

I also have a speedbleeder for the clutch and want to change out the hose on that side too as well as bleed the clutch system.

But given the issues I am having with the master on the brake side, I don't want to screw up my clutch also.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bad Bleeder ?

I put my mighty vac on the bleed screw and I cant pull any fluid out of it. PSI drops slowly but now fluid at all.

Thinking about ordering some 7/16 speedbleeders for this also.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I don't even know what a speed bleeder is, but it does take a bunch of sucking to pull oil through an empty line. I've never been very successful with the mighty vac in bleeding brakes. I have a large volume bleeder and it works much better, it just sits there and sucks until oil goes through the line.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope

There was brake fluid in the lines. I was not attempting to pull fluid through a empty line. Speed bleeders are basically bleed screws with a one way check valve built in. Check them out. Kind of trick.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fluid

Not out of the bleeder on the master cylinder which I think is stopped up or not functioning right. I installed the SpeedBleeders on the calipers and they are working fine. Just also wanted to bleed the master.

But for now all is well. I have a real good brake lever now so whatever I was doing worked. I still am worried
about messing with the clutch side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.