Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:BoomSmilie_anim:(ME)

So I flushed my entire brake system the other weekend. I was extra cautious and put down multiple layers of absorbent towels under the brake cylinders and bleeding nipples. I even had soap and water on hand just in case. I finished without a drip, and covered her back up.

The next day I came out for a ride and discovered something wet on the instrument panel, so I took a towel and wiped it off. While doing so I smeared some of the substance on the black plastic surrounding the panel. Seconds later I noticed the color of the plastic starting to fade. I checked the color of the fluid on the towel, yellow, it was brake fluid... I rushed into get a bucket of water and soap, but it was too late.

Now I have a patchy black/grey instrument panel, which sticks out like a sore thumb after I spent hours detailing her with a toothbrush. My question is, what I can do aside from buying a brand new instrument panel? All I need is the plastic surround on the front. I have seen stick-on carbon surrounds, but I would much rather stick with OEM.

2011 Ducati 848 Evo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do believe you've already answered your own question....
The problem is I don't want to spend $350-400 on a new instrument panel. I just need the bezel. As far as I've found online, you can only order the carbon surround or the complete unit. Anyone know the site for just the OEM bezel?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Find someone who has a cracked screen on eBay. Take it apart...voila!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sucks I just had a similar situation. Wife cracked car mirror on garage just cracking a tiny piece of outer shell but of course I got a buy a whole new fucking mirror because they dont sell parts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts