Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I searched and could not find this info anywhere. I figured out by trial that the fuse #3 (Devices) is the one to remove to turn off the brake light.

Fuse #2 (Lights) is for the headlight.

Hope this post helps the next guy looking for this info.

The bike starts fine and seems like all items on the console are working. Hope there are no surprises lurking.

Ride safe,
Duke

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sounds like you haven't found the shop manual that is floating around this site. It's from the non Evo model, but it helps out a lot. It can be found on multiple threads, if you can pull off some Shaqfu with the search button. Someone might take pity on you and just put a link here. I would but I'm over forty and well you get it:stickpoke

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not!! - any suggestions?

Well.. looks like i found something lurking :-( It seemed like the console was working... except by removing fuse #3 it did not allow me to get into the "menu" to adjust anything.

So, back to square #1, need to figure out a way to turn the brake light off. Any suggestions ? other than taping the light.

Of course, as Hammerstime suggested go find the shop manual.. i.e., in the beautifully written document organized in classic Italian way.. same as finding a needle in the haystack ;-)

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Are you doing this for a track day? If so, simply fuse #2 (15A) and it should kill all the lights.

If you want to run a more permanent setup with the headlights on AND shut tail light off, the connector for the tail light is buried inside the tail. You've gotta remove the seat and I believe the cover underneath to access it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Are you doing this for a track day? If so, simply fuse #2 (15A) and it should kill all the lights.
I have same problem. Pulling #2 kills the headlights and parking light function in the taillight. Brake light still works off both the rear and front brake light switches.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
I have same problem. Pulling #2 kills the headlights and parking light function in the taillight. Brake light still works off both the rear and front brake light switches.
WOW strange… I mean, the other option is to simply unplug the switch at the master cylinders. Both of those cables aren't as difficult to access as the ones under the seat. :shrug:

·
Registered
235 Posts
When I did my trackdays. I removed the tail light/license plate assembly, so I had to unplug that under the tail. I disconnected the tail light at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts