Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently have a 2013 1199S
looking into brake pad options.
ones I have on are still good but squeak when I stop at a light. its beyond annoying for me. so wondering what other guys have on there front end for a good pad or should I just buy ducati stock pads.
thanks

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
SBS carbon pads....but sell the wife first. Use money for the pads...and track days fees...and tires.

Reactions: 7D4U9Cs and 219R

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Also tell the wife that you actually have a higher risk of getting severely injured or dying from riding on the street than on a track. If she doesn't believe you, refer back to my previous comment.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Also tell the wife that you actually have a higher risk of getting severely injured or dying from riding on the street than on a track. If she doesn't believe you, refer back to my previous comment.

Debatable, I'll be devils advocate here: on the track you push the envelope and try to test your limits. On top of that you have hot heads who try to win the track day and could take you out.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Debatable, I'll be devils advocate here: on the track you push the envelope and try to test your limits. On top of that you have hot heads who try to win the track day and could take you out.
Nothing to debate at all. I said higher risk of "severe injuries or death", I didn't say higher risk of "crashing". If you don't think that's true, you're in denial. You might crash 10 times in a year on the track (if you're really pushing that hard or you're that bad...most people are nowhere near that) and be perfectly fine, but you T-bone a car that pulls out in front of you 1 time and you're done.

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Sounds like a Seattle commute, but I'll see your point and raise you one. One the track you are focused on one thing not looking for others things (cars, sand, light poles, trees, people etc.) I wager the percentage of crashes on the track are far less than on the surface streets..

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Nothing to debate at all. I said higher risk of "severe injuries or death", I didn't say higher risk of "crashing". If you don't think that's true, you're in denial. You might crash 10 times in a year on the track (if you're really pushing that hard or you're that bad...most people are nowhere near that) and be perfectly fine, but you T-bone a car that pulls out in front of you 1 time and you're done.

Not in denial. As a matter of fact had a dream of me doing CSS again but I couldn't find my right boot...

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
But...but... on the track everyone is going the same direction, there are corner workers at every corner looking out for your safety, there is a trained group of medical staff sitting right there in an ambulance or helicopter, there is no body on the road talking or texting, very little, if any, imparred driver, every person on the same road has a license to be there....etcetc.... I will take my odds on the track,... besides speeding tickets are non-existent where I ride....

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
�� on the track you're going around a circuit over and over and over and over. Where's the scenery? Only Tadashi had mountains on the background. Everyone else? Dirt

Try again?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
😈 on the track you're going around a circuit over and over and over and over. Where's the scenery? Only Tadashi had mountains on the background. Everyone else? Dirt
If you care and have time to admire the scenery, then you probably shouldn't be on a track. The only "scenery" I care about is the next corner! :yo:

Going through the same couple of miles over and over is exactly what makes it safer. You know exactly what's coming up...not going to get surprised by a blind hairpin, so I won't have to worry about smashing into the guard rail and falling off a mountain lol...at my local track, I have hundreds of laps around that track, which is nothing relative to others who have thousands. I've yet to hear someone say "I'm bored now".

Reactions: slickhillsy

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
Try again?
Doing that in the grass pretty impressive!!

I remember Mt. Rainier, dropped some acid in that park in 1967... never forgot it.... My main view was from McChord AFB, watching F106s take off with that Mountain as the back drop... that is when it wasn't raining!!..... (SELDOM!!!)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Of course no one is going to say that they are bored on the track, I never will say that myself (can't wait to go in May/June). It's a different kind of fun when you push your abilities (performance); I'm referring to the tranquil/meditative feeling you get when cruising on farm back roads on a sunny day. (Zen)

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
Of course no one is going to say that they are bored on the track, I never will say that myself (can't wait to go in May/June). It's a different kind of fun when you push your abilities (performance); I'm referring to the tranquil/meditative feeling you get when cruising on farm back roads on a sunny day. (Zen)
That's when it's most dangerous IMO

Reactions: rubbish

·
Court Jester
12,114 Posts
I see what you mean but I find it that my senses are heightened, time slows down. I closely resemble the feeling of being "in the zone", in psychology it's often referred to "flow" state of mind
I only get that at the track...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.