Ducati.org forum banner

Which Turn Signal Flash Pattern do you Prefer?

• Rolling On (1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, etc....)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Sequential with Pause (1, 2, 3, OFF, 1, 2, 3, OFF, etc...)

Votes: 7 70.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!!!

After posting a demo video, i am getting some great feedback!

Help make these lights the BEST turn/brake lights for Ducati by voting on which blinking pattern you prefer for the turn signals while in "special mode" (sequential blink).

A. Continuous "rolling on" (current design). The lights will flash row 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, etc.

B. Sequential flash with pause. The lights will flash row 1, 2, 3, OFF, 1, 2, 3, OFF, etc.

If there are any special reasons you chose one option over the other (like legality in your area) please post comments in addition to your vote.

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey Ducducgop, appreaciate your concern about the feedback.

I voted option B because of following.

I've been digging around and have translated an extraction from the Motor and Vehicle Department of the Danish Government (probably the worlds smallest Ducati community here :) ) but I dont think we are too far off on this for most Europeans.

Indicators
- Must be yellow in color (the same in all of Europe)
- should be visible at least 15 degrees above and below level
- Front and rear mounted blinkers should be visible at least 80 degrees outwards and 45 degrees inwards
- The frequency of the blink should be between 60 and 120 per minutes and light and dark periods must be clearly seperated

·
Registered
667 Posts
For science reasons, if the number represents the light being lit... 1,2,3, 1, 2, 3 is actually 1, 2, 3, 2, 3, 2, 3, because 1 never falls off. But anywho... just thought I'd bring that up c:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2006C00784

Legal bloody mine field your walking in there.

Good luck

Craig
That's exactly why i am leaving it up to the end user to determine if they comply with local law (or don't but the risk is negligible to the user and they use them anyway:D).

I doubt most of us are doing the posted speed limit ALL the time on our Duc's ;)

Appreciate the input fellas!

·
Registered
632 Posts
After looking at the Australian Design Rules I couldn't find any requirement for the indicators to actually stop flashing, however I still think option B, is better for visibility.
Like most legislation, it's as clear as mud, from memory it said they must flash between 60 to 120 times per minute.

Our Australian rules are based on International/Euro laws incorporating US DOT laws as well.

Craig

·
Registered
186 Posts
What about a solid on / off as an option to the arrow. But then that defeats the whole purpose i guess. Back when everyone was putting signals in the vents someone had some pretty bright leds used on emergency vehicles in the vents. Im not sure the sequencing arrow would be all that much more visible. I have seen a couple of bikes pulled over with sequential arrow signals in the tail lights but then that is likely the 300mm space between signals law in Australia.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about a solid on / off as an option to the arrow. But then that defeats the whole purpose i guess. Back when everyone was putting signals in the vents someone had some pretty bright leds used on emergency vehicles in the vents. Im not sure the sequencing arrow would be all that much more visible. I have seen a couple of bikes pulled over with sequential arrow signals in the tail lights but then that is likely the 300mm space between signals law in Australia.
The default turn signal flash mode is like stock lights, all on then all off. This poll is just for the flash pattern when in 'special mode' which enables the sequential blink. There is a demo video in my other thread showing all the modes the lights have.

There is a UK forum I have been active on and nearly all UK users are telling me they will use them in default mode only (or at least for yearly inspections).

·
Registered
518 Posts
The default turn signal flash mode is like stock lights, all on then all off. This poll is just for the flash pattern when in 'special mode' which enables the sequential blink. There is a demo video in my other thread showing all the modes the lights have.

There is a UK forum I have been active on and nearly all UK users are telling me they will use them in default mode only (or at least for yearly inspections).
Yeah... been giving this some thoughts and I am pretty sure all countries states that the periods should be separated. Why would all cars have it if it wasn't a requirement ?

·
Registered
186 Posts

Doesn't using them in default mode defeat the purpose of having the controller at all. Its the same as connecting the signals into the stock wiring. They are going to purchase the controller but not use it?.:popcorn:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Will there be a kit just for the blinkers without the controller? Or would that not work. Excuse my lack of knowledge when it comes to electrical... or anything at all for that matter.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Take a look at the video I posted on youtube in my other thread, that should clear up the questions.

The controller is required in all configurations and the point of it is to allow the lights to work in diffrent ways at the simple press of a button. This way the product can appeal to a greater audience, maybe some people want them for turn lights only, maybe some want them for brakes only, simple just press a button!

This is also critical for people in countries with strict inspection rules who HAVE to have them in default to pass inspection, but may prefer the other modes while traveling, etc.

Make sense?

·
Registered
186 Posts
So in your video the functions are as either stock indicators with a solid flash or sequential.

As brake lights only in amber or red ( wouldn't use this as in Australia brake lights have to be red and obviously there is the turn signal requirement )

Lastly brake and turn signal together in solid or sequential. - This would be the best option i think if you wanted more viability when braking and still have turn signals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.