Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Yesterday I went to the local Ducati dealer and purchased a 2015 Monster 821 Stripe. They will have it ready for me to pick up by Saturday. Needless to say I am pretty excited to start driving it!

I have a question that could use a prompt answer. The current deal was, on top of other things, to get $500 in free Ducati accessories/apparel.

I need your help. I was initially thinking of getting an alarm. Is the Ducati alarm that fits the 821 S worth it? Are bike alarms garbage anyway? Is my old disc lock better? It has a loud siren that goes off when it detects motion.

Where do you guys think I should put the $500???? Your feedback/experience is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone! and.....pictures to follow once I pick it up :highclap:

·
Registered
38 Posts
You will get a lot of different answers here.

If you don't have a disc lock, that's where I'd spend my money first.
Since you have one, I'd go for the Ducati Alarm.

It's what I did, and the convenience of just setting the alarm when I'm in a store, at work or somewhere public is worth it (for me at least)

If you're concerned it will get stolen, then there's plenty of material on this forum and elsewhere about what to do. I have a tracker as well. (lot's of different opinions on best practices)

So how to spend your money?
#1 Alarm
#2 Downpayment for Termi exhaust
# 3 Styling

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys have me wanting the Termi's now. I'm laughing because any other time any one of us would be all over $500 off a Termi exhaust system! But I just can't spend the $1500 extra right now.

Unless.....what would a brand new, never used stock exhaust cans go for? If I could get rid of those, could be worth it....or would the dealer do a credit deal on that? I mean....I totally doubt they would but why not ask you guys...

I've got all gear except boots....so, that could be a consideration. You guys have definitely talked me out of the alarm. It would be convenient or a good "nice to have" but for now I'm going to leave it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well guys,

Just an update. I used the $500 towards those sweet Urban riding shoes (look like an old pair of converse, or chucks if you prefer, on steroids), the battery minder and front and rear Ducati Performance LED turn signals.

Oh......and I bought the termi racing exhaust! Dealer is going to install it at my 1000km service! I'm pretty excited. Can anyone fill me in on anything I should know regarding the termi's...or even recommendations?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's awesome! Good choices all around.

The Termi's sound amazing and add some punch. I've read that you should wax them as they are exposed carbon fiber to help prevent them from yellowing,...but I'm sure if the validity of that. Maybe someone here can confirm one way or the other.

Otherwise be ready to have lots of head turned as you cruise lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took her out for a ride this afternoon before the rain began. Previously, I was an early and late season rider, rain or shine...even storms....but I just can't bring myself to get her wet...(there's a joke there...)...at least yet...

You can see the Ducati Performance LED turn signals in the pictures too.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.