Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
What brand of (crap) tires are those ?
Correct me if I'm wrong but they appear to be Michelin Power Ones. I run them on my Busa and thus far has been the best tire for my application. IDK about a lighter bike and if it really was wet and cold out, those tires are a horrible option.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but they appear to be Michelin Power Ones. I run them on my Busa and thus far has been the best tire for my application. IDK about a lighter bike and if it really was wet and cold out, those tires are a horrible option.
Depending on when this was they are either the Michelin Power One, Power Cup, or Power Cup Evo. They are DOT race tires and I used the Cup and now the Cup Evo on my race R6. They are great on the track with much more grip than Dunlops DOT race tire.

·
DucatiSpot Ambassador
498 Posts
I wonder how he got past the noise limits, they are pretty tough at Brands, its usually 102bd static, Ive been denied before on my Aprilia which recorded 116db....!
I did Brands on my Desmo a few years back. Just after fitting my GP system and running the baffles...

Last session of the day everyone in the paddock was asking me to take them out and go for a blast. I yielded to the pressure (well anyone would :)) and exited pit last.

Lap two I got black flagged - I seem to remember the flag dude being attacked by a swam of bee's at the time as he was waving frantically. Organiser hunted me down and asked me to report to race control immediately. Kicked me off the circuit and even went as far as to get my address from the organiser and wrote to me for being a bad boy.

Still... At least everyone ended the day happy to have hear a Desmo at full chat round Brands Hatch! :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have no issue with people have a problem with the sound if the track is built there after. However, when people move to a location where they know there is a track and then complain about the noise their argument is idiotic.
Racetracks do not run all day every day and late at night every night. The one that boggles my mind is folks building houses near airports and then bitching about the noise. Stupidity should hurt more.

·
Registered
202 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.