Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to test the waters....seeing if anyone would be interested in my Brembo clutch master cylinder. It is currently installed on my 1098. Works like a charm, makes the clutch silky soft. $200shipped

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ok, great read, thnx. So this MC will allow faster shifts due to a shorter pull, but at the expense of requiring a bit more hand effort, and a bit less ability to modulate. Correct? So stock is 12 x 20? Did I read that correctly? My 07 1098 does have an oversized slave cylinder....

You say this larger MC makes shifts silky soft but the link you provided indicated more effort needed. Help me to understand, because I could be a potential buyer! :)
Greg

·
Registered
464 Posts
Not trying to be difficult but I'm confused. Does this aftermarket MC increase or decrease hand effort? I know it allows for a shorter pull/faster shift but is this at the expense of greater effort, as the link you provided seems to indicate?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about that, I didn't fully read your last post. So pretty much the MC is a piece in the puzzle of having a better "feeling" clutch. Like the link says it's basic purpose is to make shifting quicker. The pull on it is comparable to the stock unit, maybe slightly better. To solve that problem I replaced the slave cylinder. Which all together made the system leaps and bounds better. Sorry if I caused confusion with my wording, but in a nutshell the MC is great but without a slave it's feels like the stock unit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.