Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I have a Brembo billet, not forged, 19x18 clutch master for sale. I comes with a standard lever installed and a spare folding lever to go with it in case you already have a folding brake master lever. The combo retails for $700.

The main question I get asked is what's the difference between saaaaaaaay a 19RCS at $365 and the billet at much much more?? While both function very similar, the billet is billet and not forged. it's lighter and of more consistent material than forged is. Hence the bigger price. Kind of the difference between a cast wheel and a forged wheel.

I'm asking $375.00 shipped. If any of the international guys are interested, both items will fit in a Small Flat Rate type box with USPS for and extra $25.00 to cover the extra shipping.

·
Registered
828 Posts
How does this change clutch feel? I imagine this isn't about weight savings (since any savings are likely to be miniscule measured in grams) but more about the feel?

I have never had these, so genuine question.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock master is a 16mm piston. This one is larger so the pull is going to be easier. Same lines as going to an over sized slave. Easer on the hands. Keeps the full range of pull though where as going to a larger slave causes less movement of the actuation shaft. Dissipates heat a little better also. If you're trying to build the lightest bike you can, it's a nice piece to add and everything adds up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.