Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I bought an 07 1098s and it has alot of oem dp carbon fiber on it from 07' they still have all the dp stickers on the backs. All the pieces are faded and was wondering how to go about making them come back to life with some gloss. Will simple buff job do the trick or should I look into getting them all clear coated? Also want to do the same to my termi cans any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought a few scuffed up pieces of carbon recently and brought them back to life pretty easily.
Due to the scuffs I sanded down to the carbon then reapplied a clear coat. Takes some time but pretty rewarding doing it yourself.
If it's just faded you can wax it /buff it to a higher shine.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
I have the same model, and had to do the same thing.

I just got them redone in two-pack clear by my painter. Brought them up like new.

You have the choice of doing them in the original gloss, or the more matte finish that became popular since.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think imma try buffing them the best I can for thus riding season and if I still want everything glossed I'll do it next winter. Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.