Ducati.org forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
How is 'the same ol' same 'ol" an improvement ? Ducati poles good , they start good, have a few good first laps , then finish 5sec. down in 5th or 6th.
No different then the Rossi Hayden years.
Neo, you have to look at the times versus the placement, compared to last year as the biggest difference, and improvement.

Let's face it, the first four are the aliens of the paddock right now, so any improvement on them is definitely a huge step forward.

Last years times versus today are where the biggest step forwards lays. Today Dovi did a 43.05, where as last year at Brno Dovi did a 43.25. 20 seconds is a huge stride forward.

More importantly, the Ducatis are starting to separate themselves from the mid pack guys, which is also huge. They are definitely going in the right direction.

· Registered
7,547 Posts
Besides,.... who enjoyed the dicing between the two Ducati Team Mates,??? .....This guy! Life is very good. Also enjoyed seeing Rossi take the Podium along with Pedrosa and Lorenzo, good stuff all the way around.

· Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
Beside that Bob, how about crazy Joe and Marky Marq bangin bodies for half a lap. I swear they hit at least three times. That is great racing! Two fearless guys dicing it out.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
A bit of a boring race at the front...was really hoping Marquez could break the record and make it 11 in a row :( He just didn't quite have the pace today, even if he would've had a better start. Marquez has such a huge lead though, as long as he finishes races he will win no problem.

I'm sure all those other guys at the front were like "YES! We did it! We stopped him!" lol

Reactions: 1fast750ss

· Official Site Vendor
1,032 Posts
A bit of a boring race at the front...was really hoping Marquez could break the record and make it 11 in a row :( He just didn't quite have the pace today, even if he would've had a better start. Marquez has such a huge lead though, as long as he finishes races he will win no problem.

I'm sure all those other guys at the front were like "YES! We did it! We stopped him!" lol
Something must've changed today for his set up. He was going wide ALOT, especially going into right handers. Some kind of understeer issue maybe. I noticed he was backin itin a little bit more than ususal.

The Ducati gremlins founds Mark's bike today.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Most definitely did not expect this result. As soon as Pedrobot passed Jorge, I knew there was no catching him. If such an event happens in future races, the outcome will be similar. Pedrobot was always fast. Just never had what it took to win the championship.
Yep. And the guys at Yamaha (especially Jarvis) are still slowly dying on the inside :p...just when they thought they'd get a win, the other Honda took it! :D It's like a slap in the face!

· Banned
5,501 Posts
The Yamaha's are clearly improving, both Rossi and Lorenzo have been extremely positive about their progress. Lorenzo even stating in the post-race press conference, his goal this year is to develop the bike for a championship lunge next season.

If you go back through the archives, I believe Cal Crutchlow complained about the Yamaha factory fuel cell (under the seat) when it went low on fuel. Lorenzo discussed that briefly in the press conference as well, commenting about how the bike low on fuel, works much better. Evidence of that was his increased pace at the end of both the last races.

Rossi gave the best comment on Marc's issue at Brno. He simply stated; his setup wasn't good. Marc himself said, he didn't believe the pace would have been that quick at the front. Lorenzo discussed 1:56's flat, where Marc was thinking 1:56.5's. When Marc saw Lorenzo's amazing string of laps in FP3/FP4, it was clear, he was concerned. Like every post-qualifying press conference, Marc was wishy-washy about his ability to win the race come sunday. This coming from a guy who can win a MotoGP race in the dry from the back of the pack. This time however, he was accurate, he simply didn't have the pace due to poor bike setup. Rossi saw it, Marc felt it and his dream of making one more record, went out the door as a consequence. Its unfortunate for Marc, but it does give the other riders some hope.

Makes you wonder, did Marc really have a problem, or was he faking it, just to give the others a chance at feeling good about themselves? Good question to ponder as the season progresses.

· Registered
8,735 Posts
Funny thing is if Pedrosa was to win every race from now on, Marquez would just need to finish top 5 every time to win (or tie in the event of all 5ths). I think he'll manage ;)

Reactions: WERA689
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.